Bulimba Ck Bikeway. Unsafe?

BrizJames

Bulimba Ck Bikeway. Unsafe?

Postby BrizJames » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:28 pm

Rode along the length of it today.South to North. The underpass at Mt.Gravatt Capalaba was closed. Roadworks. Detour on to main road via Stackpole St. Crossed the road near Broadwater Rd Junction and
proceeded east down the hill to the creek. Down the hill on the footpath? which had been dug up. It was steep, very narrow and loose gravel.Unsafe at any speed. Has anyone been that way lately? Or am I just beeing grumpy? It doesn`t take much at my age. WON`T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN! Yes I did ring B.C.C.

Ryanhyltoncummins

Re: Bulimba Ck Bikeway. Unsafe?

Postby Ryanhyltoncummins » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:18 pm

Seemed okay today southward... until i got to mt gravatt capalaba rd couldn't figure out how to keep going to all, considering jumping the fence but that path has been dug up anyways. Shame as I was thoroughly enjoying myself until then.

PiratePete

Postby PiratePete » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:11 pm

The best way going north to south is to go through the car park in the park near the playground, follow the road out to the intersection. Turn right with the lights and take the first left at the bottom of the hill re-join the bike path. I have done this many times and have turned left of Mt Gravatt Capalaba road before the cars have caught me.

Last time through there was three weeks ago and at that time the footpath/bike path was concreted from where you used to go under Mt Gravatt Capalaba, up the hill to the traffic lights.
2015 Specialized Diverge Carbon Expert
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram

PiratePete

Postby PiratePete » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:50 am

Drove past here yesterday and from the road it appears that the bike underpass of Mt Gravatt Capalaba Rd is now open.
2015 Specialized Diverge Carbon Expert
2013 Giant Reign MTB.
Pirate Pete on Instagram