Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Mr Purple

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Mr Purple » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:20 am

Had a weird one today - ordered an outfront computer mount from JRC components because the orange one I've been using for a year is the wrong colour now I have a new frame.

https://www.jrc-components.com/

Ordered on the 2nd of September and the box arrived today. But rather than being an out front computer mount it's actually a can of Nivea moisturiser. An expensive ($33) can, but I'm thinking something's gone a little wrong there.

I've sent them a 'what the?' e-mail, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out! The box has two DHL stickers on it - one says 'Computer GPS mount' the other one says 'skin care products'.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:26 am

That’s a good one!

My MIL received a chain breaker after ordering something totally unrelated. Luckily she had a SIL with an interest in bicycle maintenance.

Mr Purple

Postby Mr Purple » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:56 am

They've replied quickly, with excellent customer service!

They're as stumped as I am and think it's hilarious. Their working theory is that the label fell off the box at the DHL depot, and someone stuck it to the moisturiser box. They're sorting it out.

caneye

Postby caneye » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:16 pm

Bikebug - i used to get items delivered in a matter of days to Sydney Metro.

In my latest purchase, it took them 3 business days to pack it. Courier finally picked up on the 4th day.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:55 pm

caneye wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:16 pm
Bikebug - i used to get items delivered in a matter of days to Sydney Metro.

In my latest purchase, it took them 3 business days to pack it. Courier finally picked up on the 4th day.
The Tempe warehouse was closed after Pushy's bought them. I've experienced the same delays. It used to take a few days from order to delivery now it's 5-7 days.

Halfamillion

Postby Halfamillion » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:27 pm

Hi! Does anyone know any great sources for Sturmey-Archer hubs and parts? I been to www.sjscycles.co.uk for a couple of cone nuts and paid 18 pounds postage, resulting is $48 for two come nuts worth probably $4 each. I have seen some limited Sturmey-Archer hubs and parts on AlliExpress but I tend not to use non Paypal sites. If Sunrace/Sturmey-Archer is sourced and manufactured in Tiawan, is there a direct on-line store to gain access to their catalogs & spares?
Cheers
Peugeot PBN10, Cell Victor 2, Graycross Special 27", Merida Mission 2000, Trek 4900, Cell Stinger.

CoffsGal

Postby CoffsGal » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:44 pm

I haven't used either of them personally, but Google indicates they have parts...

Abbotsford Cycles
https://www.abbotsfordcycles.com.au/pro ... her-brand/
Sturmey Archer are the pioneers of the internally geared hub and Abbotsford Cycles has been stocking Sturmey Archer parts for decades.

Bicycle Parts Warehouse
https://www.bicyclepartswarehouse.com.a ... ey-archer/
sturmey archer australia from www.bicyclepartswarehouse.com.au
Sturmey Archer are the pioneers of the internally geared hub. Buy your genuine Sturmey Archer parts online now, shipping Australia wide.

cage

Postby cage » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:27 pm

Halfamillion wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:27 pm
I have seen some limited Sturmey-Archer hubs and parts on AlliExpress but I tend not to use non Paypal sites.
You can pay with paypal on Alliexpress.
If drivers and riders spent more time worrying about their responsibilities than their rights then roads would be far safer.

Halfamillion

Postby Halfamillion » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:02 pm

Many thanks! Abbottsford Cycles at Richmond don't seem to have the stock levels anymore, same for Velogear/ Bicycle Store!
Cheers Terry
Peugeot PBN10, Cell Victor 2, Graycross Special 27", Merida Mission 2000, Trek 4900, Cell Stinger.

Mofra

Postby Mofra » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:53 pm

Really wish I'd read more reviews about ProBikeKit before placing an order - 17/11 order, after complaint emails because of 'delays' it miraculously is dispatched (from an overseas location) a couple of days ago. So much for the Christmas break bike build.

So many complaints on their FaceBook page

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:39 pm

Wildfire sports - somehow ordered the wrong size product. Contacted them asking if I could swap. "No problems" was the response. Went in there this afternoon. Swapped and out the door in less than 5 minutes

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:08 pm

One for Le Col and their HC shorts - I've previously complained about the cover-stitching coming loose on them on a couple of pairs of those and they actually replaced them with apologies and promised to send feedback to the production location.

However it's happening on the replacement ones (which wouldn't have had any fixes). It's a bit annoying because they are comfortable to wear otherwise.

Thinking to get them fixed locally for now.

This kind of thing doesn't happen with Assos or Rapha - those have much better stitching and last for many, many years.

Nbeltfire

Postby Nbeltfire » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:22 am

Admin says: chatbot spammer

Nbeltfire

Postby Nbeltfire » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:28 pm

Admin says: chatbot spammer

DamienIreland1

Postby DamienIreland1 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:33 pm

Cult BMX bike broke within 25 days of receipt, customer services suggested the addition of "grease" to correct the crunch, grind and clang of a broken head tube. They also explain that the addition of a wheel and two pedals constituted assemble and therefore nullified the warranty.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:45 pm

Say What? :shock:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:54 pm

Ordered a rear camera/light from Tooo Cycling in December. They took the money from my credit card immediately but I received no order confirmation. Waited a couple of weeks and contacted them several times to ask for a tracking number for shipping, and a few days later they cancelled the order and refunded me the same day, with no communication. Item arrived today. I suppose a free item counts as a good experience?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:54 pm

Retrobyte wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:54 pm
Ordered a rear camera/light from Tooo Cycling in December. They took the money from my credit card immediately but I received no order confirmation. Waited a couple of weeks and contacted them several times to ask for a tracking number for shipping, and a few days later they cancelled the order and refunded me the same day, with no communication. Item arrived today. I suppose a free item counts as a good experience?
Belated merry xmas? Warranty would be interesting

yousta

Postby yousta » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:06 pm

Yesterday I ordered a Polygon Strattos S7 Disc from Bikes On Line. Before ordering I had a looong conversation regarding size with Brad (Sales Supervisor) and he was very very helpful, the conversation got me over the line, plastic flashed, order lodged.
24 hours and 23 minutes later it arrived beautifully protected and ready for some simple assembly. Well done to Bikes On Line and Direct Freight Express!
Full carbon including the wheels, Shimano 105 11 speed, best value by a country mile at $2,600 plus $28 delivery less a $20 voucher, all up $2,608 to my door in Wollongong.
Only had time late today for a short test ride, gears, discs all operating perfectly straight from the box.
One happy camper looking forward to a good ride tomorrow.

stevenaaus

Postby stevenaaus » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:09 am

Good luck. Their bikes seem pretty decently specced for the money. And they include bike weight... we're looking at you Giant ! :(
https://www.bikesonline.com.au/2023-pol ... -road-bike.

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:36 am

yousta wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:06 pm
Yesterday I ordered a Polygon Strattos S7 Disc from Bikes On Line. Before ordering I had a looong conversation regarding size with Brad (Sales Supervisor) and he was very very helpful, the conversation got me over the line, plastic flashed, order lodged.
24 hours and 23 minutes later it arrived beautifully protected and ready for some simple assembly. Well done to Bikes On Line and Direct Freight Express!
Full carbon including the wheels, Shimano 105 11 speed, best value by a country mile at $2,600 plus $28 delivery less a $20 voucher, all up $2,608 to my door in Wollongong.
Only had time late today for a short test ride, gears, discs all operating perfectly straight from the box.
One happy camper looking forward to a good ride tomorrow.
Nice Duesy! I had a Starplayer bass a few years back. The build quality was fabulous

yousta

Postby yousta » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:15 am

Retrobyte wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:36 am
yousta wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:06 pm
Nice Duesy! I had a Starplayer bass a few years back. The build quality was fabulous
Thanks, yes they do make great instruments!
Against that wall in my office is where my daily ride bike lives, for additional interest in the photo I stepped back a little to include more than a simple bike shot.
Time for coffee and then out for a 25km shakedown ride.

am50em

Postby am50em » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:22 am

Thats great value for a really nice bike. Delivery time was outstanding.
For some reason I thought Polygon did not make bikes for my height but checking the website they do have XXL bikes.

yousta

Postby yousta » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:58 am

am50em wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:22 am
Thats great value for a really nice bike. Delivery time was outstanding.
For some reason I thought Polygon did not make bikes for my height but checking the website they do have XXL bikes.
I'm not tall, their size guide had me at low end for a M. If I took just a cm from my leg and arm length they had me at the high end for a S. I spoke at length with Brad and he pointed out the differences and ramifications between M and S for my size and riding style. Very helpful people and highly recommended from this old bloke.

Cyclophiliac

Postby Cyclophiliac » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:56 pm

I made the mistake of ordering something from DHGate, which I never received, and since then they've been sending me spam emails. I tried multiple times to unsubscribe, and it never worked. Now I just receive spam emails from them which my spam filter quarantines - it never ends, they just keep sending these emails over and over and over again. Avoid them like the plague.