Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Retrobyte

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Retrobyte » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:28 am

Wiggle - ordered placed Wednesday, delivered today (Sunday)

Mr Purple

Postby Mr Purple » Sat May 01, 2021 10:28 am

I got suckered into something shiny on my Facebook feed, though they definitely came through:

https://www.jrc-components.com/collecti ... 8837701735

Nice little CNC alloy computer mount, cheaper than the usual suspects, 23g and delivered from Ireland on Friday after being ordered Sunday. Do recommend.

caneye

Postby caneye » Wed May 05, 2021 9:51 am

Mr Purple wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 10:28 am

Nice little CNC alloy computer mount, cheaper than the usual suspects, 23g and delivered from Ireland on Friday after being ordered Sunday. Do recommend.
looks trick :D
Is there anything at the bottom that allows a camera or light to be mounted?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed May 05, 2021 11:01 am

caneye wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:51 am
Mr Purple wrote:

I looked. There are options for a camera mount. But the edge 1030 isn't supported

Mr Purple

Postby Mr Purple » Thu May 06, 2021 4:05 pm

caneye wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 9:51 am
Mr Purple wrote:

Sounds like unnecessary weight to me! But yes, they do sell a camera mount for it.

https://www.jrc-components.com/products ... nt-adaptor

stevenaaus

Postby stevenaaus » Sat May 15, 2021 1:43 pm

Gah - two cheap GPs from pro bike kat com au.. Didn't know they had to come from the UK :(

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Mon May 17, 2021 2:11 am

stevenaaus wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:43 pm
Gah - two cheap GPs from pro bike kat com au.. Didn't know they had to come from the UK :(
PBK are normally pretty quick, at least for me. Usually about a week for something to arrive.

antigee
Location: just off the Yarra Trail but not lurking in the bushes

Postby antigee » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:40 pm

was a bit grumpy with bikebug a while back as despite their returns T&C insisting item returned within 10days of approval took 3 weeks to book in and confirm fault and then tell me no replacement stock incoming...ordered from abroad and a week later found bikebug had stock :(

anyway I am very impressed with their range of Shimano parts and spares and have had nothing but prompt shipments and for a while now all shipments have been free of charge by standard post which is great for that bit you've forgotten or broke and can't get locally

found needed a new BB on Saturday and was quite happy to pay for express post as was still a good price ordered Saturday evening and arrived Tuesday morning :D

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:45 pm

So ordered a pair of assos cento evo from Bike inn on Monday 24th May. Arrived Monday 7th June.

Two weeks to arrive from Barcelona. Between $100 to $150 cheaper than any local or online retailers, I’ll take the two week delivery time.

No idea when I’ll get to ride them. Will give an amateurs review when I get back on the bike.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Bit OT, but I hate how online bike stores send promo e-mails about certain specials then when you go to check it out there's no availability or one in some obscure size.

For example; Bike Bug sent out an e-mail yesterday 'exclusive to subscribers' advertising 50% off Apis retro cycling caps with images of an EMC cap and the like. When I went to check it out, there was only one cap available that certainly wasn't EMC.

Yes, some probably got snapped up between me getting the e-mail and clicking the link, but to be honest it was only a matter of minutes.

I know this is how they work - clearing out loose ends - but there was really no indication on the e-mail that there was limited stock. ('While stocks last' doesn't really tell the whole story.)

Whinge over, as you were.

SheikYerbouti

Postby SheikYerbouti » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:13 am

Excellent Wiggle experience. Bib discounted to $90 from $150. Further $30 off (and free shipping) when you spend $200. Combined with mates to order a few things, so it was even cheaper.
Ordered last Wed night, delivered this morning (Tue).

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:17 pm

29er tyres. 2.2. Continental.
Available from Bike Bug for $40 .
Fast postage. Best price that I could find.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:23 am

A big shout out to Open Road Cycles (https://www.facebook.com/orcycles) for their service with a stuffed up order, were I ordered 4. I have been sent the correct tub and told to keep the wrong one. These were Pista Extra's Silks for the Track ($199 a piece RRP) and I got a Road one amongst them. :D

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:00 pm

Bought some Zeffs socks (they have shorter ones in their range now) - ordered Wednesday and they made it from Melbourne to me in Sydney today - great service especially with how unreliable shipping is these days

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:55 pm

I see Bikebug canned the free shipping with no minimum spend. Not surprising really.

Still, $39 to qualify for free shipping isn't too bad.

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:29 am

Ordered some replacement sunglass lenses on Amazon, and they sent me a book instead. First order fail I've ever had with Amazon. Will return and get a refund.

Jean

Postby Jean » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:15 am

Ordered a skull cap from SweatVac in the US, to replace one I bought from them years ago. The next day I got an unexpected refund along with an email note explaining that the US Postal Service has suspended deliveries to Australia!

COVID logistics strikes again, I suppose.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:56 am

Jean wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:15 am
Ordered a skull cap from SweatVac in the US, to replace one I bought from them years ago. The next day I got an unexpected refund along with an email note explaining that the US Postal Service has suspended deliveries to Australia!

check out one of these.
https://www.wildfiresports.com.au/halo-skull-cap
i use the headband version

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:49 am

jasonc wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:56 am
Jean wrote:

check out one of these.

Halo are good - I have the bandana and headband

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:55 am

Retrobyte wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:49 am
jasonc wrote:
Jean wrote:

check out one of these.

Halo are good - I have the bandana and headband
I've had a few. You just have to remember to hand wash them

Jean

Postby Jean » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:52 am

jasonc wrote:
Jean wrote:

check out one of these.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out.

Fishybone

Postby Fishybone » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:46 am

Ordered a couple of Knog lights from ProBikeKit during Blask Friday sales and they’ve failed to despatch twice now. They send a tracking number but the order just sits there in the first status saying delivery booked but the items never leave the warehouse. On both occasions they’ve offered a refund or replacement.

It’s a really good price and I’m not in a hurry so both times I asked for a replacement and it seems like history could be repeating itself for a third time.

Seems bizarre that they can’t even get the item out the door. Not sure how many more times I want to ask for a replacement as it seems like I am going down the path of insanity.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:47 am

Fishybone wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:46 am
Ordered a couple of Knog lights from ProBikeKit during Blask Friday sales and they’ve failed to despatch twice now. They send a tracking number but the order just sits there in the first status saying delivery booked but the items never leave the warehouse. On both occasions they’ve offered a refund or replacement.

It’s a really good price and I’m not in a hurry so both times I asked for a replacement and it seems like history could be repeating itself for a third time.

Seems bizarre that they can’t even get the item out the door. Not sure how many more times I want to ask for a replacement as it seems like I am going down the path of insanity.
Same thing happened to me with some tyres. In my case I suspect they ran out of stock but processed the sale anyway. Indeed they told me after I asked where the order was that it was likely lost and now there was no stock.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:42 am

biker jk wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:47 am

Same thing happened to me with some tyres. In my case I suspect they ran out of stock but processed the sale anyway. Indeed they told me after I asked where the order was that it was likely lost and now there was no stock.
Snap!
Exactly the same thing happened here.
Sat there as awaiting to dispatch with a tracking number but never went anywhere.
Paid through PayPal.
Their system is a bit of a PITA to contact them.
Anyway I printed the form, scanned and sent it back. PayPal has said they have received the money.
At least they coughed up, but yeah, unlikely to use them again.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Fishybone

Postby Fishybone » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:32 pm

How is ProBikeKit still allowed to trade? They’re owned by The Hut Group which is a pretty large e-commerce company.

I am waiting on them to try sending it a fourth time… I only really need it by April when we have shorter daylight hours but not sure if PayPal’s dispute window closes at some point if I don’t end up receiving it by then.