Where did you ride your bike today?

mjd

Re: Where did you ride your bike today?

Postby mjd » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Dudley to Nelson Bay onto Fingal Beach back through Fingal to Shoal Bay. 81km, my wife drove up had lunch & swim with some friends on holidays then drove home. Need to break a ton !

Tom Marius

Postby Tom Marius » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:06 pm

the_clydesdale wrote:From Helensvale down the Gold Coast Hwy to Miami and back, 50 km all up.

Great ride, no wind but quite hot and very humid, hit 34 at southport on the way back and then I rode into a freak shower that looked like a wall of water, cooled me down a bit which was good.

I will do it again on Monday before the superbowl, might add 10 or so km to it.
Why not stay in Miami for the Superbowl? :wink:
-Drugs are for people who can't handle reality-

the_clydesdale

Postby the_clydesdale » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:53 pm

Good pickup, did not see the connection there ;)
Giant Defy 1 2010
200cm / 115Kg..

smileNnod

Postby smileNnod » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 am

Fav morning run, Obvious view point.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:12 pm

Can I dig this one up? I was very fortunate to borrow my friend's Look 585 while in Tassie over the Christmas/New Year period. Mainly early morning 50-60k rides around the Perth/Longford/Evandale/Launceston area before the mercury crept too high:

Imwit

Postby Imwit » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:29 pm

Nice. The bike, the roads, the walls and the thread dig.
Happy New Year Pin20

JPB

Postby JPB » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:43 pm

Rode the Northern Rivers Rail Trail today. Fantastic.
Not sure what the towns along the path were like before the trail opened but Mooball and Burringbar look to be thriving with bike hire places and good quality food and drink options.
By 10am on a overcast school holiday weekday the trail was buzzing with activity.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:57 am

Fernvale to Lowood return on the BRVRT. :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:15 am

Can I play?

Manning Point, NSW Mid coast. Cheapo fluid fat bike combined with summer holidays. Q
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:44 am

Imwit wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:29 pm
Nice. The bike, the roads, the walls and the thread dig.
Happy New Year Pin20

Happy New Year, Imwit! Hopefully this thread kicks off again.

Just to quote myself, I didn't realise at the time but the photo below was taken on the road that was once part of the Longford motor racing circuit. There would have been a timber bridge across the river in the background which the cars would have crossed before taking a right hander onto the 'flying mile'.

P!N20 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:12 pm

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:36 pm

Well, after almost 12 Months of procrastination, I decided to ride the Albury to Wonga wetlands from my area of Glenroy (Albury) yesterday (Saturday 6th Jan) it was a nice start of the day, so I rode into Albury CBD to near the swimming centre beside the Murray river and the entrance has only been open for a few Months due to floods in 2022 where the access was washed away.
So feeling rather good, i continued onto this bicycle/walking trail through the Wonga wetlands and then to the Yindiyamarra sculpture works, then I proceeded along the Riverina Highway bikepath to Splitters creek Waggira trail. Now there's not much in Google maps about this trail but it was an extension of 12kms from the end of the track on the map, mostly tarred trail following the Murray River.
By the time I got back to Albury, I had covered close to 34kms, stopped at my favourite watering hole in town and partook in 2 beers and something to eat, i was running low on energy. I had enough water but it was now hot in my water bottles. I should've took a couple of sandwiches which i'll do next time.

By the time i headed back to my place, it was a further 6kms to go but my backside was hurting so much from the saddle (just not used to it) I ended up walking the bike the last 2.5kms so I think i bit off a bit more than i could chew plus it was then 33C.

I hadn't been on the bike for some time so I shouldn't have gone so far but the ride was so interesting, I didn't want to turn around but in the back of my mind was....jeez...I hope I can make it back home lol.

I had a good pair of Bellweather padded shorts but my bum was so sore to the point that my legs didn't want to keep spinning.

All in all it was a great ride , i'll just have to know when to turn around till I get fitter...or change saddles :lol:

It'll show about 29kms on the map but it was about 12 kms longer than that.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/-36.046 ... &entry=ttu

So if anyone of you visit Albury NSW and you've got your bikes with you, I highly recommend a ride along the Wonga wetlands

Cheers

brumby33
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR Patagonia 2017
2003 Diamondback Sorrento Sport MTB

elantra

Postby elantra » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:53 pm

Tumbulgum, Postcode 2484

It’s a quiet town on the south bank of the Tweed River, close to the Qld/NSW state border.

Well actually it’s not always quiet on the weekends, as the river here is easily accessible to boats, usually of the powered variety.

Tumbulgum is not famous for anything in particular, although it does have a beautiful old Riverside pub with a popular Bistro, and you sometimes see visiting Celebrities (The British TV series “I’m a Celebrity get me out of here” is produced at a rural location nearby)

A contentious topic is the pronunciation of the word Tumbulgum.

I’m not entirely sure but I presume that it is derived from an indigenous word.

Calling it “Tumble-gum” identifies you as a non-local.
The correct pronunciation is (I hope) “Tum-BUL-gim”

It’s a pretty decent area in which to ride a bike, most days- as long as the weather is not too hot or too wet, which it often is.
There is an excellent cafe/Restaurant in town (in addition to the Riverside hotel bistro)
And also a cafe in the shop, and also often a pretty decent coffee van.
Some of the local roads are very quiet, some are gravel, some are hilly, some are all of the above !

CmdrBiggles

Postby CmdrBiggles » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:24 pm

Geelong Criterium Track, Belmont.

Five loops around in grey but windless weather, testing out the configurations offered with the SRAM Force drivetrain (now on Sequential shifting). TSPD 38km/h; AVG RPM 88; HR 148. And...my fantastic, world-beating power output: woo-hoo! ... 163 watts... :lol: :lol:

One thing that should not be: coming down the straight (c. 37km/h) and I see, ambling along a little right of left, is a family of four with two dogs and a wide-boy stroller — on the criterium circuit! A pedestrian path runs parallel to that point 4m away for the purpose of family strolls. :roll: :evil:
GIANT 2024 TCR Advanced Pro Disc 0 AR | GT 2014 Zaskar 29er | 2022 Dragon Raptor e-scooter [Yellow Peril]

Dodgy-Knee

Postby Dodgy-Knee » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:49 am

I rode 105km with 2100m of climbing in and around the hills in Perth (WA you Tassie wannabes :wink:) … got home feeling a tad knackered only to realise I didn’t even ride half of this weekend’s 3 Peaks … bloody hell!!!

Good luck to everyone who will be riding the 3P … it’s definitely on my bucket list

Garnett1

Postby Garnett1 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:56 pm

I rode my bike last Friday around Marysville, did the Lake Mountain climb then went to Buxton, then up to Alexandra, did a a loop then back to Marysville, lovely countryside and rolling hills. 135kms, 1817m gain. :D