Bicycle club/associations/rides Western Australia

hiflange

Re: Bicycle club/associations/rides Western Australia

Postby hiflange » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:22 am

The Perth Retro Riverloop is in it's third year! First Sunday of the month, East St Jetty at 7am. Coffee at The Kiosk (opp. E St Jetty) around 9:30. Ride at your own pace, there are now 4 regroup points :-)
You don't have to be on an old bike but ... the conversations do tend to revolve around particular styles of wingnuts, exotic early Shimano bits and so on and so forth.

ausdb

Postby ausdb » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:53 am

RobertFrith wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:22 am
The Perth Retro Riverloop is in it's third year! First Sunday of the month, East St Jetty at 7am. Coffee at The Kiosk (opp. E St Jetty) around 9:30. Ride at your own pace, there are now 4 regroup points :-)
You don't have to be on an old bike but ... the conversations do tend to revolve around particular styles of wingnuts, exotic early Shimano bits and so on and so forth.
What sort of average does the group sit on? I'm interested and have something suitably old to ride but haven't been on the bike in a few years...

hiflange

Postby hiflange » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:46 am

24km/h average for the last two rides, that includes regroup times so the moving time average is higher, I'm going to guess around 28km/h. It's mostly flat with a few hills through Claremont/Peppy Grove, and total distance is about 45km. If you haven't ridden in a few years it might be worth doing a few 10 to 20km rides first, or ride a shorter part; some people join up at Raffles Hotel (7:40am), others at Narrows Bridge (8:00am). We stop at the Owston St lookout around 9 I think.

flashpixx

Postby flashpixx » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:04 pm

BrianDamage wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:40 pm
They are a very inclusive club and their Saturday rides from Coode St literally cater for all abilities and experience.

Sounds like you would be a good fit for Main 4 or possibly Main 3. The Main groups all ride the same route, so you could try Main 3 and if the pace is too much, just drop back and wait a few minutes for Main 4.

More info on the different ride groups: https://www.southperthrouleurs.com.au/2 ... or-me-2-0/
Thanks, might check em out
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7

BrownBike
Location: Perth - Looking for a north-south route across the CBD

Postby BrownBike » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:17 pm

Looks like SPR are doing well, but is there an equivalent for north of the river, but not too far North? I see people in orange 'Leederville' jerseys sometimes, not sure if they're a club. An offshoot of Roues Chaudes? What are the Roues Chades group rides like? I'm looking for something mostly social but regular, not above 30kmh!

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:56 pm

BrownBike wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:17 pm
Looks like SPR are doing well, but is there an equivalent for north of the river, but not too far North? I see people in orange 'Leederville' jerseys sometimes, not sure if they're a club. An offshoot of Roues Chaudes? What are the Roues Chades group rides like? I'm looking for something mostly social but regular, not above 30kmh!

I know it's further north but Malaga Cycling Team depart 6am Saturdays from Malaga Markets, returning 2 hours later. Multiple groups - slower 27s who stick to flatter terrain, 2 groups of 28s who head to the hills for a bit of climbing, and the fast group that smash it hard.
No drop philosophy, if someone has a problem the whole group waits. Very social and welcoming.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

BrownBike
Location: Perth - Looking for a north-south route across the CBD

Postby BrownBike » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:17 am

Thanks, but might be a bit too far away from me. Leederville works, might try RCCC.