Seeking Dimensions Of e-bike Mid Motor Mounts

PacificTourer

Seeking Dimensions Of e-bike Mid Motor Mounts

Postby PacificTourer » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:01 pm

In 2017 I cut the bottom bracket out of my Yuba Mundo, TIG welded in a e-bike mount and fitted a de restricted Shimano E6000 motor. It’s now toured 5 countries, PNG, Solomon Is, Malaysia, Singapore and parts of Australia, done over 30,000km, 4 wheel sets and now the motor is knackered. I would like to suggest it’s done more MTB than most MTB while it was in PNG.

I want to replace the motor with a current model, e8000, EPS, or an equivalent Bosch or Bafang with all cables and battery.

Seeking to find out the dimensions of the motor mounts somewhere, so I can work out if I should modify the mounts to fit, chop the existing mount out and replace with a current model mount from Framebuilders supply, or some other novel solution?

Any builders out there with spreadsheets on motor mount measurements?

Any suggestions on where to buy a complete mid mount motor with battery without the bike in Australia?

zebee

Re: Seeking Dimensions Of e-bike Mid Motor Mounts

Postby zebee » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

You could try Sydney Electric Bikes for the motor. They were talking to me about a mid drive for the trike at one point.

Aushiker

Re: Seeking Dimensions Of e-bike Mid Motor Mounts

Postby Aushiker » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 pm

You might find what you looking for by asking at https://forums.electricbikereview.com/.