Cadex tyre pressure

Magpie

Cadex tyre pressure

Postby Magpie » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:45 am

Cadex wheel tyre pressure,
Cadex aero 25mm tyres have maximum 115psi pressure written on them.My understanding is that is ok with the Cadex hookless wheels, the 73psi limit is for untested/unapproved TR tyres. My LBS says I can go to 115 as stated on the tyre, although I only use 75psi.
Can I use higher than 73 psi with a TR tyre that’s on the Giant/Cadex approved list?

blizzard

Re: Cadex tyre pressure

Postby blizzard » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:42 pm

Reading the Cadex website, it would seem like they approve running hookless tyres up to the tyre max pressure (above 73psi) but it is certainly confusing.
CADEX components are built to be used as a system, and CADEX tyres are the best choice for use with CADEX WheelSystems.

However, should you prefer to run a non-CADEX tyre, listed below are the tyres with an indicated maximum pressure above 72.5psi (5 bar) that have passed the CADEX test protocol for use with CADEX hookless rims. Please note that if the maximum pressure indicated on the sidewall of a tyre is below 72.5psi (5 bar), the tyre is tubeless compatible, and is not indicated as being incompatible with hookless rims, it can be used with CADEX hookless WheelSystems and does not have to appear on the chart below:
And from the pressure calculator
Never exceed the maximum (MAX) tire pressure indicated on the rim, the tire or the rim tape.

Please note that the stated MIN pressure on many current CADEX tires (e.g. 85psi for 25C tire) was originally defined based on a durability test with a 120kg load at 1.5 times the regulated distance. CURRENTLY, for all CADEX tires this minimum (MIN) pressure can now be defined as 70 psi (4.8 bar) for 23C & 25C tires, 50 psi (3.4 bar) for 28C tires and 45 psi (3.1 bar) for 32C tires.
Never inflate to less than the MIN pressure.

The above pressure values are recommended starting points only.
Also their calculator gives you pressures above 73psi for 25c tyres. Strange that Giant will recommend pressures above the ETRO / ISO standards but their testing/ approval process does seem thorough. Let's just hope their rim dimensional QA and the tyre QA is ok.