Does anyone use modern spray sealants when washing?

Comedian

Does anyone use modern spray sealants when washing?

Postby Comedian » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:01 pm

I've started using Bowdens products on the car after a tech day I went to with them. Made and developed on the sunshine coast.

Anyway I tried "Wet Dreams" on the bike after a wash. Seems pretty amazing. All you do is spray it on when clean and give it a rub with a rag and then hose off.

I realised after I don't ride in the rain, but should stay cleaner. :mrgreen:

[shareyoutube]https://www.youtube.com/shorts/62HugPGekWk[/shareyoutube]

Jump to about 1:40

robbo mcs

Re: Does anyone use modern spray sealants when washing?

Postby robbo mcs » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:30 pm

I don't use them. However, one of my bikes recently went into the shops to get a few things fixed. It came out clean, as usual, and I didn't think too much of it. Next time I rode in the rain, I noticed the water beading up dramatically on the frame. When I came home I lightly sprayed it with the mist setting on the hose, and all the cruddy grime magically fell off instantly, the water beaded up, and the bike looked fantastic again.

I was meaning to ask the shop what product they had used on it, because it is great. It had slipped my mind, but now you have reminded me :wink:

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:37 pm

I've tried some of the Muc-Off Nano pink bike wash that was in the Aldi middle aisle a while back. Shoulda got two or three. Didn't go as far as I thought it might, but it did a good job of a couple of cruddy marketplace pickups that I pilfered some parts off, tidied up and flipped on. Easier than my usual remove wheels and wipe every part and frame corner.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:50 pm

Comedian wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:01 pm
I've started using Bowdens products on the car after a tech day I went to with them. Made and developed on the sunshine coast.

Anyway I tried "Wet Dreams" on the bike after a wash. Seems pretty amazing. All you do is spray it on when clean and give it a rub with a rag and then hose off.

Are you using this on a matte finish bike or regular paint?

I'm worried what it might do on a matte finish: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BMZ ... R2N-4K.jpg
Last edited by g-boaf on Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:55 am

g-boaf wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:50 pm
Comedian wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:01 pm

[shareyoutube]https://www.youtube.com/shorts/62HugPGekWk[/shareyoutube]

Are you using this on a matte finish bike or regular paint?

I'm worried what it might do on a matte finish: https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BMZ ... R2N-4K.jpg
That's a good point. Might pay to ring them before trying it on matt paint. The bike in the video above is raw ti.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:03 pm

I remembered the matte finish BMW colours (frozen they call them) and those had special care instructions. Use the wrong cleaning products and they go shiny… :(