Bike fit Melbourne (west)

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
Frankiepap39

Bike fit Melbourne (west)

Postby Frankiepap39 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:44 am

Hey all, looking to get a bike fit in Melbourne. I'm located west suburbs but will travel city etc
Any local shops around the area or physio you have used?

trailgumby

Re: Bike fit Melbourne (west)

Postby trailgumby » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:41 pm

Frankiepap39 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:44 am
Hey all, looking to get a bike fit in Melbourne. I'm located west suburbs but will travel city etc
Any local shops around the area or physio you have used?

Having experience the difference a *good* bike fit makes (compared to a regular bike shop or even a physio) I'd recommend casting your net a little wider.

Would you be prepared to hop a jet and travel to Sydney or Canberra? You wouldn't need to bring your wheels, just the bike without them will do. I'm about to go see the Sydney guy to get fitted to my new bike. With him, I went from getting knee pain after a 20km commute to completing six-hour rides with just fatigue and no niggles. And it all starts with the shoes.

These guys offer a money-back guarantee.

https://www.stevehoggbikefitting.com/fi ... teve-hogg/

Frankiepap39

Postby Frankiepap39 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:00 pm

thats definitely a larger net than i was expecting to cast!

Eug1

Postby Eug1 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:09 am

I had a bike fit done by Chris Steffanoni through Ideal Physiotherapy in Brunswick. He also operates in Gisborne. I mostly ride road and gravel and have been very happy with the results so I can recommend him.