Giant dropper post

Razzi

Giant dropper post

Postby Razzi » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:04 am

I am looking for a giant contact s dropper post cartridge. Is there any still available or should I just replace the entire system ?
Regards
Razzi

trailgumby

Re: Giant dropper post

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:48 pm

Razzi wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:04 am
I am looking for a giant contact s dropper post cartridge. Is there any still available or should I just replace the entire system ?
Regards
Razzi
'
Who does your suspension service locally? they would be able to tell you if it's worthwhile to fix or not.

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:50 pm

Better off just replacing the post. Giant have made at least three generations of dropper post, which each use different canisters (which are extremely limited in serviceability); additionally, different length posts use different canisters. Earlier generation canisters are almost impossible to get, and last time I was involved, current ones weren't easy to find either.

The canisters in Giant posts have a habit for the trigger valve plunger to corrode & seize. Sometimes they can be freed with generous application of penetrating lubricant and working the plunger in & out until it frees up. Doesn't always work.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

Razzi

Postby Razzi » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:27 am

Thanks guys !!
looks like i might be getting a new dropper post and possibly new bike as it's a 2013 bike

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:14 pm

Razzi wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:27 am
Thanks guys !!
looks like i might be getting a new dropper post and possibly new bike as it's a 2013 bike

Best way to get a new dropper post is attached to a brand new bike :mrgreen:
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!