Question about Pedal assist

dbr

Question about Pedal assist

Postby dbr » Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:24 pm

I just purchased a new adult trike and the pedal assist only goes up to five. On my old trike it went up to 9 which was a lot easier going up hills. Since this trike only goes up to five does it mean i would have to change the motor that is equipped to go up 9 Pas?

skyblot

Re: Question about Pedal assist

Postby skyblot » Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:37 pm

dbr wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:24 pm
I just purchased a new adult trike and the pedal assist only goes up to five. On my old trike it went up to 9 which was a lot easier going up hills. Since this trike only goes up to five does it mean i would have to change the motor that is equipped to go up 9 Pas?
No. The number of power levels only refers to the number of steps between minimum and maximum power. If you are noticing a difference in the max power delivered, it's more than likely in the motor type, brand, and nominal power.

dbr

Re: Question about Pedal assist

Postby dbr » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:32 pm

skyblot wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:37 pm
dbr wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:24 pm
No. The number of power levels only refers to the number of steps between minimum and maximum power. If you are noticing a difference in the max power delivered, it's more than likely in the motor type, brand, and nominal power.
I found out what the problem was. I had to adjust it in the menu so i would get level 9. Thanks for your help