Shed cleanup & Suntour discoveries...

savvas

Shed cleanup & Suntour discoveries...

Postby savvas » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:04 pm

Hi Folks,
I'm doing a 'once & for all' bike shed cleanout & have discovered a box of unused Suntour front & rear, 7 & 8 speed mtb/touring hubs. Most are XC Pro Grease Guard ('grease injection') & there are a pile of assorted 7 & 8 cassettes as well in various sizes - enough for 2-3 for each rear hub. I think I must have purchased these back in the early '90s when I was trying to build the perfect back-country & outback touring bike!

I wanted to ask those-in-the-know if they think there might be some local interest in this stuff? I know there are clowns in the USA listing them at ridiculous prices, but I'm only interested in disposing of them locally at a fair price & to people who actually want to use them (& maybe for vintage restorations).

Is there a list or group somewhere here at ACF where I could best discuss this stuff? Any recommendations as to the best place to list them for sale?

Thanks, Sam.

10speedsemiracer

Re: Shed cleanup & Suntour discoveries...

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:13 pm

I'm a bit of a SunTour tragic, and as such would be very interested in the whole lot as a bundle.

I love the idea of a retro Gravel tourer, and an XC Pro drivetrain would be very cool.

Am in Melbourne, but willing to pay postage on top of ..

8)
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

JonHouston

Postby JonHouston » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:56 pm

I'd be interested.
both mine and my wife's bikes have Suntour - XC Pro on mine with cassette and XC 9000 on my wife's. I've been wondering what to do when the cluster wears out....

JonHouston

Postby JonHouston » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:38 am

further to my previous reply, specifically I’d be very interested in purchasing a cassette and front hub. I’d be happy to do a deal on all of it as well, but if you seperate it or someone buys and wants to sell some off….
I’m on the NSW Central Coast so would need postage. Front hub because bike has 105 one at the moment as that’s all I could get at the time back in the day

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Tue May 10, 2022 5:07 pm

Have PM'd
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go