coach recommendations?

vbplease

coach recommendations?

Postby vbplease » Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:12 pm

Hi,
Does anybody have any recommendations for a cycling coach to set up something like a 12week+ plan, ideally with base and weight training?

With the beauty of zoom/skype it could be interstate/international..

I've looked into 'Road Cycling academy' and they offer a 12 week plan with 2 x options. $600 (with no actual interaction with a coach), or $1000 with a few meetings with the coach. $600 sounds like terrible value considering there is no 1 on 1 time, and not sure $1000 is great value either?

I feel like I have enough info to set up my own plan (thanks Dylan Johnson youtube videos), but feel having a coach to; set up a proper tailored plan, keep me accountable, monitor progress, and give encouragement would get a better result?

Thanks

Tim

Re: coach recommendations?

Postby Tim » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Alex Simmons tailored a group training and coaching plan for me and a few other forum members a couple of years ago.
He's a member of this forum but not too active lately.
A fraction of the cost (at the time) of what you've been looking at.
I became fitter and faster.
https://www.cyclecoach.com/alex-simmons

Duck18

Postby Duck18 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:57 pm

Have a chat with Sarah at http://completeper4mancecoaching.com.au and see if she is suitable for you. I highly recommend her. Very experienced and personal service at a reasonable price.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:08 pm

Following. :)

Yes, Dylan Johnson is an impressive young bloke. I get a lot out of his videos. And I agree coaching and accountability helps a lot. I use it with my property investing and developing and it has been worth every cent.

Do you have a power meter?

vbplease

Postby vbplease » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:39 am

Thanks for the feedback guys.

It looks like there are few plans which seem quite comparable cost wise.

1) Road cycling academy (AT) $200/m with limited coaching interaction and $333/m with more interaction. I'd need to wait until July for the next round though..
2) Pro cycling coaching (AT) $249/m with $90 setup with monthly interaction.. Jakub previously rode with Cadel at BMC. https://www.SPAM/coaching/cycling/
3) Sarah (AT) Complete per4mance (AT) $220/m with pretty much unlimited interaction, which seems great value.

They all promote strength training which is great. Not sure how different the base training plans may differ.. I probably wouldn't go wrong with any of them as they all seem very experienced.

vbplease

Postby vbplease » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:42 am

trailgumby wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:08 pm

Yes, Dylan Johnson is an impressive young bloke. I get a lot out of his videos.
I was a little surprised to see his 'base training plan focus around 2 x sessions/wk that were 'steady state' i.e. 95-100% of FTP :shock:
I was under the impression (obviously wrong) that it would be exclusively zone 2?
trailgumby wrote:
And I agree coaching and accountability helps a lot. I use it with my property investing and developing and it has been worth every cent.
are you on the propertychat forum? :)
trailgumby wrote:
Yes, got a pm and indoor smart trainer

Duck18

Postby Duck18 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:30 pm

Have you spoken to Sarah? If not give her a call and have a chat. I know heaps of local cyclists and triathletes that use her as well as plenty online. She helped me overcome a major back injury and got me moving again. Thought I was in major trouble and after the help she gave me I'll sing her praises for the rest of my life. She is the kind of coach that drops around soup when you have COVID!

vbplease

Postby vbplease » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:20 pm

Yes, thanks for the referral. I’ve made contact online and organised a chat for tomorrow. Now that I’ve made contact, it’ll most likely be all systems go now :)

Duck18

Postby Duck18 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:31 pm

Tell her Jerrod recommended you! Might get me some extra soup! :D

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:35 pm

vbplease wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:42 am
trailgumby wrote:

Yes, Dylan Johnson is an impressive young bloke. I get a lot out of his videos.
I was a little surprised to see his 'base training plan focus around 2 x sessions/wk that were 'steady state' i.e. 95-100% of FTP :shock:
I was under the impression (obviously wrong) that it would be exclusively zone 2?
Oh, I haven't seen that.
vbplease wrote:
trailgumby wrote:
And I agree coaching and accountability helps a lot. I use it with my property investing and developing and it has been worth every cent.
are you on the propertychat forum? :)
I'm a bit selective about who I listen to. Emotions can destroy effective investment decision making.

I've been a member of the Results Mentoring program for a few years. A duplex project that we completed last year under their tutelage did very well and I have a 5-unit coastal project in flight now. These guys are very data driven in their approach and have quite a brilliant property predictions database, They are the only ones I've seen pick the path of the market through the pandemic the last two years correctly, when the banks and the headlines were predicting a bloodbath.
vbplease wrote:
trailgumby wrote:
Yes, got a pm and indoor smart trainer
Excellent. They make your coach's job (helping you get your best results) much easier.