Polar H9 HRM chest strap

wongaga

Polar H9 HRM chest strap

Postby wongaga » Mon May 31, 2021 12:44 pm

Does anyone know if the current H9 or H10 Polar straps are compatible with older Polar wristwatches? I have an M62 wich is quite old, but works very well, and I'd like to keep using it as a back-up if I can.

I emailed the Polar help guy, who sent me a list of the types of signal the H9/H10's transmit, but seemed to be unwilling to help any further wrt to the M62. Wants me to buy a new one I guess.

Thanks, Graeme

Andy01

Re: Polar H9 HRM chest strap

Postby Andy01 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:02 am

Can't answer your question (because I don't have a Polar watch), but a suggestion might be to consider the Polar OH1+ armband HRM. I got one last year because I didn't fancy the chest strap, especially in hot sweaty Brisbane summers. It works really well and sits on my upper bicep, completely out of the way. Most of the time I don't even notice it is there. I got the wife one as well.

It connects just fine to our Bryton bike computers (4 different models including older ones) and to our iPhones (oldest was iPhone 7) - quite seamless.

wongaga

Re: Polar H9 HRM chest strap

Postby wongaga » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:47 pm

Well the answer is yes. A new H9 strap fits the old sensor. So new strap, new batteries in the sensor and the watch and away we go. The watch and sensor are well over 15 years old, were top of Polar's range back then. Got my money's worth I reckon.

Cheers, Graeme