Apollo Scout 10

Dbrad

Apollo Scout 10

Postby Dbrad » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:40 am

Hi all,
just wondering if anyone has seen the Apollo Scout 10 in person and their thoughts?

Another question about this bike is how much of a disadvantage is the 10 x 135 mm rear dropouts compared to thru axle at the rear? The specs on the bike appear pretty good (Shimano GRX full groupset) with the QR rear and probably the wheels being the biggest let down.

caneye

Re: Apollo Scout 10

Postby caneye » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:32 am

Dbrad wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:40 am
Hi all,
just wondering if anyone has seen the Apollo Scout 10 in person and their thoughts?

Another question about this bike is how much of a disadvantage is the 10 x 135 mm rear dropouts compared to thru axle at the rear? The specs on the bike appear pretty good (Shimano GRX full groupset) with the QR rear and probably the wheels being the biggest let down.
sorry I'm not familiar with the bike.

The main advantage of thru axle is to reduce flex and stiffen the fork. hence, it is common to find TA at the front of bikes these days. some bikes have a mix of TA front and quick release rear.
i don't think there is a big disadvantage to having 10x135mm QR rear, when compared to TA.
the only drawback i can think of is .. finding a replacement wheelset if/when you want to upgrade. 10x135mm rear is not particularly popular these days with most brands moving to TA now.

(i personally have QR 10x135mm rear on 3 of my bikes)