Advice - Affordable Women's Cycling Kit

SEN

Advice - Affordable Women's Cycling Kit

Postby SEN » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:51 am

Hi all
I'm new to cycling and wanted to get some guidance and advice on women's cycling kit.
Can anyone recommend any brands at all?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Advice - Affordable Women's Cycling Kit

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:08 am

Hi Sen,

I can share a few options. A very general option is to look for sales and for brands that catch your fancy, while they will push their new season stuff, they tend to do good prices on older kit.

Cycology Gear - this is designed by an Australian women (who I know personally) and there are men's and women's kt - a lot of different styles and also some good deals. I would classify it as mid-range pricing

The Wiggle (big UK bike shop) have an inhouse brand called DHB which can be good value. Some of their kit has higher pricing but look specifically at their the DHB Classic range and the DHB Blok range. If they do have something for you and you have never before purchased from wiggle, they often promote discount codes for new customers and you will save a bit.

Body Torque is another local brand run by an Australian women and the pricing is mid to high but they have some sale items which can be spot-on for design and price. The link takes you to the women's jerseys and there are current two great looking jerseys at the bottom one sale for $45.

Other Australian online shops are a bit thin on women's cycling kit and it appears that there is less 'affordable' gear (and more pricey brand name stuff). I think these three options listed are reliable and will give you a good range. Take your time to check the sizing charts and if you see the jersey and cycle wear description talk about "Race Fit" or performance, this tends to mean that the garments are a skin-tight fit...

For shorts / knicks - often bib-knicks are the way to go for road cycling style riding and these all have the padded chamois which can take a few rides and washed to 'wear-in'. Getting the right knicks is one of the hardest things as we all have different body shapes and riding style so it can be trial and error to find a good brand / style that suits. All of the brands above do take care with their chamois though some cheap and nasty cycling wear can have poor chamois in their knicks.

Hope your search goes well.

Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA