Touring Scotland

LG

Touring Scotland

Postby LG » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:44 am

In early May my partner and I depart for around 6 weeks cycle touring in Scotland, followed by around 3 months somewhere in continental Europe, the where is to be confirmed.

At this stage for the first part of our trip we're flying in to Glasgow and have accommodation booked in the city, after this nothing. We're then thinking about heading to Arran, Kintyre, Islay/Jura, Colonsay, Oban, Fort William then out to the Western Isles either from Oban again or Mallaig before continuing to JoG, Orkney & Shetland, ferry back to Aberdeen and return to Edinburgh via the east coast. We are going to be loaded up and self sufficient for camping (wild and at campsites), and stay at guesthouses and hostels as we feel like it. We don't generally do big kilometers and are more tourists who cycle rather than travelling for the cycling itself. We're planning on walking, boating, bird watching, visiting heritage sites, etc along the way.

Our planning is based on sustrans maps and google, but we'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's toured through these areas with hints or suggestions on places not to miss.
LG = Low Gear

LG

Re: Touring Scotland

Postby LG » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:52 pm

Well departure is not far off and we're looking forward to it, in a few months i should be able to help others enquiring about a similar route.
LG = Low Gear

BrisBoy

Re: Touring Scotland

Postby BrisBoy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Sounds like a great trip LG. Look forward to hearing about it.