Pathetical Me

foo on patrol

Re: Pathetical Me

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:18 pm

If two riders are pretty equal in speed and strength, you can get around the leader by hanging off a little and then running at the back wheel, timing it just right, so that you can flick out and use the last of the banking to give you an extra kick along but timing is the key. :idea: :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

lunar_c

Postby lunar_c » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:50 pm

Great tips..

I just hold of my very own track bike.. a 63cm Cannondale, which means I can get a bit more comfortable riding fixed.
As a bonus when I go to the track I won’t be scrunched up on a 58cm bike

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:34 pm

foo on patrol wrote:If two riders are pretty equal in speed and strength, you can get around the leader by hanging off a little and then running at the back wheel, timing it just right, so that you can flick out and use the last of the banking to give you an extra kick along but timing is the key. :idea: :mrgreen:

Foo
I do this drill with my riders in training behind the derny .... lay off a few metres in the back straight, accelerate into the slipstream and flick out as you enter the final bend. Use the extra speed and run down the banking on the exit of the bend.
Great race simulation.
But you have to practise it as you said foo.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:35 pm

Derny Driver wrote:
foo on patrol wrote:If two riders are pretty equal in speed and strength, you can get around the leader by hanging off a little and then running at the back wheel, timing it just right, so that you can flick out and use the last of the banking to give you an extra kick along but timing is the key. :idea: :mrgreen:

Foo
I do this drill with my riders in training behind the derny .... lay off a few metres in the back straight, accelerate into the slipstream and flick out as you enter the final bend. Use the extra speed and run down the banking on the exit of the bend.
Great race simulation.
But you have to practise it as you said foo.
Yep, it's all about the timing of the run at the rider in front. :mrgreen: I may be old fat n slow now but I remember some of my training from 40yrs ago. :shock:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km