Re: Tubeless roadbike tyres

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:14 pm

CmdrBiggles wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 3:04 pm
foo on patrol wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:42 pm
warthog1 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:21 am
A new benchmark set for absolutely ridiculous tyre pricing for a tiny little tyre that will last 5k km :roll: :x
https://www.pushys.com.au/pirelli-p-zer ... lsrc=aw.ds

I just don't get coffee shop riders spending money like this on tyres and then jump up n down because they puncture 2klms down the road or wear them out in a couple of months. :idea: :?

Foo

The tread is likely very thin, around 1.6 to 1.8mm, so it's not going to be very robust when that speck of glass looks up and aims straight for the centre tread bearing down on it.

"Coffee shop riders", lol!
They'd be the same crew who buy $25,000-plus DOGMAs,only to ride to the coast for coffee on Saturday mornings and church on Sunday.

How do I know this? :?:

DOGMAs and Cervélos are in my riding group, and these guys only ride at weekends, being, as they are, involved in professions and high office that provides them with the filthy lucre to afford such extravagant toys. If they get a puncture, the missues is summoned and they are picked up in a salubrious 'Benz and whisked away to save them any embarrassment of toiling away trying to find and fix a puncture.

:lol: :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km