The training thread: How was yours? (today/yesterday/etc)

Anrai

Re: The training thread: How was yours? (today/yesterday/etc)

Postby Anrai » Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:29 pm

Not close to a KOM myself but to cap my biggest week so far I got my first Local Legend today (only took 7 rides but it's the most convenient place for me to get some elevation in while it's still too wet to get on the trails.)
I'm still clocking a handful of incidental PRs every time I get out for one of my calmer rides, and I have a shot at this forum's pastime of pacing PMD users and just about managed to hold onto someone buzzing their 25km/h Tassie shared path limit up a 1% (not gonna be impressive to most but it's new for me.)
Also just ticked over to 500k this year (i.e. since mid-April) though I'm behind on the elevation at 4347m

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:08 pm

I am training at a new FTP of 280w. The SST type workouts are very difficult right at the moment.

I had one today with a 40 minute block, with varying 5min sections in it. I just barely made it through that.

Mr Purple

Postby Mr Purple » Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:17 pm

Up to 5 1/2 weeks post injury today and now comfortable with both hands on the bars on the trainer.

Just trying to resist slowing up the cadence too much - will probably have to work on the bike fit to keep it at the 90-100rpm mark.

40 minutes at NP 211W this morning which seemed ok. Though the HR went up into the red and stayed there - 183bpm for the last 10 minutes which was a bit of a worry! Stupid me, the battery on the HRM was flat. A relief to find out at least!

Will be a while before I'm outdoors still. Very little pain but the occasional spasm on unplanned movements which is not great on a bike. Almost a full range of movement of the shoulder now at least.