Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

MichaelB

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby MichaelB » Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:29 pm

Mr Purple wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:20 pm
MichaelB wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:51 am
After a length online chat, it seems that "it was probably the redirect stickers didn't work (stuck on badly or illegible), and that the refund of postage costs can only be sought by the sender"

Oh dear ....
I've had some funny ones. I ordered a bike computer mount from the UK a couple of years back and a box of moisturiser arrived. They thought it was hilarious - turned out the sticker fell off their label and someone just randomly stuck it to a box of moisturiser.

I've also had some crackers from the US. As in car parts which arrived to Brisbane literally overnight from the US and then took 2-3 weeks to be shipped to my suburb from the airport.

That and any interaction with 'Couriers Please'. They once completely failed to deliver a package to me for three weeks. I drove across town to their depot and they then yelled at me for walking in their carpark. 'Trucks drive here'. Well yeah, but I'm not really sure how else to get from 'Customer Parking' the three metres into your office.

Incidentally they have the worst online reviews for any company I've ever seen. It's almost worth a read.

https://www.productreview.com.au/listin ... ers-please
Mine is in there somewhere :lol:

WyvernRH

Postby WyvernRH » Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:26 pm

CmdrBiggles wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:14 pm
I've not had any trouble whatsoever with AusPost since I began with a Parcel Collect address at the local PO. Full tracking from origin to destination, SMS and email alerts of arrival at PO for collection. All done through the Post app.

No safe place to drop things in my townhouse complex, so I signed up for their free service around 3 years ago. Express Post is a by the second day for regionals/interstate. Next day for local.
I think the keyword here is 'townhouse'. Wadawurrung is West Melbourne/Geelong/Ballarat area? If so, you are basically in the close area of influence of one of Australia's biggest cities. Try sending an Express Post parcel to me in the Williams valley in NSW and I am pretty sure I would not see it until a minimum 3 days later, if then. :)

Getting it from anywhere near the local Post Office seems to be their problem. Once it's there I'll get it before lunch.

CmdrBiggles

Postby CmdrBiggles » Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:38 pm

WyvernRH wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:26 pm
CmdrBiggles wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:14 pm
I've not had any trouble whatsoever with AusPost since I began with a Parcel Collect address at the local PO. Full tracking from origin to destination, SMS and email alerts of arrival at PO for collection. All done through the Post app.

No safe place to drop things in my townhouse complex, so I signed up for their free service around 3 years ago. Express Post is a by the second day for regionals/interstate. Next day for local.
I think the keyword here is 'townhouse'. Wadawurrung is West Melbourne/Geelong/Ballarat area? If so, you are basically in the close area of influence of one of Australia's biggest cities. Try sending an Express Post parcel to me in the Williams valley in NSW and I am pretty sure I would not see it until a minimum 3 days later, if then. :)

Getting it from anywhere near the local Post Office seems to be their problem. Once it's there I'll get it before lunch.

Yes, Geelong.
It would be correct to send an Express Post item from here to Williams Valley with an expected date of 2 days hence, with a proven example, if I post it Monday morning/before lunch, you will receive it Wednesday morning (notified early). Express Post parcels posted Melbourne to Geelong/vv, arrive the next morning, incredibly. Normal parcels — nup, sit and wait until notified...

I have a lot of stuff (bike bits) posted to me Express Post from NSW (Pushys, chiefly) and always arrives bang on the example timeline above. I had a very recent parcel that tracking showed made some truly long ping-pong detours here in Victoria: from Prahran (origin), to Windsor (PO, very close to Prahran), to eastward to Bayswater, eastward still to Dandenong, westward-ho to Melbourne Airport, finally, yonder south-west to Avalon (transfer point for Geelong deliveries). After all that, the journeyman parcel still arrived on time! :)

Failing AusPost, there is always Sendle. I've used that occasionally, with the only gripe being the drop-off locations are usually quite some distance from me. Similar/identical delivery timeline to AusPost, so... :?:
GIANT '24 TCR Adv. Pro Disc 0-AR/SRAM Force eTAP
'18 GT Zaskar Carbon Comp 9r
2021 Dragon Raptor e-scooter ['Yellow Peril']

stevenaaus

Postby stevenaaus » Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:27 pm

Online seller with slick website selling dross at expensive prices. :cry:
cyclejunctionPOS.com.au/product/trinx-climber-1-0-road-bike-shimano-a070-14-speed/
WEIGHT 43 kg
Founded in 2023, Cycle Junction began as a small venture in Perth, Australia. What started with a passion for bicycles and minimising our carbon footprint has transformed into an expansive online marketplace offering a diverse range of high-quality products.
My brother in law bought a busted trinx 2nd hand. What a POS.

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:35 pm

I had a Trinx through the workshop when I was in The Biz a few years ago..... It was crap when it was new.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

blizzard

Postby blizzard » Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:24 am

Going to test out BikeBug's warranty process. I have a Super B T handle torque wrench, every few clicks it jams up and takes way more effort to click. Its only a few months old so I put in a warranty claim. Will see how it goes.

open roader

Postby open roader » Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:35 pm

LORDGUN = Good Experience.

Very long time looker - never buying from the Lordgun website until they had some Veloflex tubulars I wanted with a 15% discount avail. Purchased with PayPal.

Puchase made August 24th :- received both order confirm email from Lordgun and PayPal receipt email within an hour of purchase.

Received an email on August 25th stating my order was being 'processed'

Received an email on August 26th stating my order was now shipped from Italy with tracking number and link to Fedex web tracker tool which worked the entire duration of the delivery.

Parcel arrived on my doorstep September 3rd before lunchtime. Opened the box and I have two brand new Veloflex tubulars - correct size, correct version and they hold air perfectly etc.

Sample of just ONE but nice to know Lordgun can work. I would have purchased from an Au based seller if these were available but they were out of stock at the few places advertising them so Lordgun can work esp. for harder to find stuff.
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

CmdrBiggles

Postby CmdrBiggles » Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:57 am

I dips me lid to the creative folks behind Online Cycling Gear, an outfit based in Queensland with manufacturing-to-order in Asia.

The short sleeved hi-viz 'coloured triangles jersey (full zip, 3 pockets, in The Colour Purple) that touched down this morning certainly gives me the appearance of a court jester on two (very fast) wheels, but it sure stands out on the road! :lol:

Two weeks from order to delivery isn't too bad, with Express Post once it touches down in Australia. A great many options available at the time of order (printing, zipped pockets, fleece, etc., etc.). I went with the bare basics this time, but future orders will be more adventurous.

Highly recommended for the vast range of designs (and a nod to the everyman real people wearing them!).

https://onlinecyclinggear.com.au/produc ... 1235220567
GIANT '24 TCR Adv. Pro Disc 0-AR/SRAM Force eTAP
'18 GT Zaskar Carbon Comp 9r
2021 Dragon Raptor e-scooter ['Yellow Peril']