Used Cervelo P2K

foo on patrol

Used Cervelo P2K

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:40 pm

My neighbour has come across this and has asked me to have a look at it but I have no real knowledge of these old frames. Asking price is $550 but I'm thinking $500 any thoughts on it cost wise and is there anything that I need to look for as far as the frame goes? :?:

Cervelo P2k
Triathlon Bike
Vroomen White Design
58cm Alloy Frame
C Wolf Time Trial Carbon Forks
Cervelo Carbon Seat post
10 speed Shimano Ultegra
Vision TTBars
Carbon FSA Crank
Easton Vista 700c Rims

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Re: Used Cervelo P2K

Postby warthog1 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:11 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:40 pm
My neighbour has come across this and has asked me to have a look at it but I have no real knowledge of these old frames. Asking price is $550 but I'm thinking $500 any thoughts on it cost wise and is there anything that I need to look for as far as the frame goes? :?:

Cervelo P2k
Triathlon Bike
Vroomen White Design
58cm Alloy Frame
Cervelo Carbon Seat post
10 speed Shimano Ultegra
Vision TTBars
Carbon FSA Crank
Easton Vista 700c Rims

Foo
I hope he is tall. That is a big frame. I am 6' and have a P2C that is 56.5cm frame. Wouldn't want to go any bigger.
Know nothing about those old goers sorry. Mine is about 08 -10. Cant remember when I got it exactly. Wrecked now though. Derailleur ended up in the spokes which ripped the hanger off. Hanger was part of the CF frame.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:23 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 1:40 pm

Cervelo P2k
Triathlon Bike
Vroomen White Design
58cm Alloy Frame
Cervelo Carbon Seat post
10 speed Shimano Ultegra
Vision TTBars
Carbon FSA Crank
Easton Vista 700c Rims

Foo
Being a triathlon bike yes, usual things to worry about as far as the frame goes. Watch for corrosion of components, etc.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:06 pm

I hope he is tall. That is a big frame. I am 6' and have a P2C that is 56.5cm frame. Wouldn't want to go any bigger.
Know nothing about those old goers sorry. Mine is about 08 -10. Cant remember when I got it exactly. Wrecked now though. Derailleur ended up in the spokes which ripped the hanger off. Hanger was part of the CF frame.

He's as tall as me and I ride 58cm frames, I tried a 56cm once and hated it with a passion.

Being a triathlon bike yes, usual things to worry about as far as the frame goes. Watch for corrosion of components, etc.

Thanks, it will be one thing that I'll be looking for.

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:48 pm

foo on patrol wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:06 pm

He's as tall as me and I ride 58cm frames, I tried a 56cm once and hated it with a passion.
People are different. You appear to ride with more set back and less saddle to bar drop. What works is what matters I guess.
My frame sizing fits with most generic fit calculators. I used to go the smaller frame for shorter head tube and run the seat forward with a longer stem. A bit older now but position is fairly similar.

With respect to a tt bike the shorter head tube is even more important than on a roadie given the rider is the source of most of the drag. :wink:
Lower is generally faster as long as long as you can still develop power.
He may be less flexible with age though.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:01 am

warthog1 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:48 pm
foo on patrol wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:06 pm

People are different. You appear to ride with more set back and less saddle to bar drop. What works is what matters I guess.
My frame sizing fits with most generic fit calculators. I used to go the smaller frame for shorter head tube and run the seat forward with a longer stem. A bit older now but position is fairly similar.

With respect to a tt bike the shorter head tube is even more important than on a roadie given the rider is the source of most of the drag. :wink:
Lower is generally faster as long as long as you can still develop power.
He may be less flexible with age though.

I move back n forth on the seat = back when powering and forward when in full sprint mode and the throw at the line.

He's built like a matchstick. :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km