Froome moving on !

find_bruce

Re: Froome moving on !

Postby find_bruce » Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:41 am

MichaelB wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:27 am
And his form is improving .... :roll:

Finished 14:28 down in 115th on the stage, and is now 137th out of 152 still participating ... on a stage of 142km and 2,499m elevation gain.
But that is an improvement - he managed to climb with the sprinters this time :D
Anything you can do, I can do slower

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:51 am

find_bruce wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:41 am
MichaelB wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:27 am
And his form is improving .... :roll:

Finished 14:28 down in 115th on the stage, and is now 137th out of 152 still participating ... on a stage of 142km and 2,499m elevation gain.
But that is an improvement - he managed to climb with the sprinters this time :D
:lol: :lol:

Lucky it was foggy, couldn't tell he was struggling or not ....

am50em

Postby am50em » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:01 pm

Froome’s 2024 season was disrupted by a scaphoid fracture in his wrist at Tirreno-Adriatico and he only returned to racing at this week’s Critérium du Dauphiné. Woods crashed and suffered a mild concussion during stage 5 of the Giro d’Italia. He is due to ride the Vuelta a Espana and not the Tour de France in 2024.

Verbrugge did not exclude Froome’s selection in the final eight-rider Israel-Premier Tech Tour de France squad. However he faces competition from the likes of Derek Gee, Hugo Houle, Dylan Teuns, Pascal Ackermann, George Bennett and Stevie Williams.

“Chris broke his wrist in Tirreno-Adriatico and that slowed his progression. Now let's see how he progresses until the start of the Tour de France,” Verbrugge told Cyclingnews.

“Selection for the Tour will not only be based on Chris Froome’s performance, the sporting cohesion of the team is also important.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/israel ... selection/

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:45 pm

The bloke is well past his use by date on the big Tours and even the the small ones. I can't understand why people can't accept it nor him. :roll:

That major crash and the injuries that he recieved from it put an endto his career at the top, along with his age with the recovery. :idea:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:45 am

& a massive improvement on stage 3 sees him gain a massive 30 places overnight, now sitting just outside the top 100. 87th on the stage, almost managing to catch the domestiques who had sat up after their job was done

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:30 am

find_bruce wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:45 am
& a massive improvement on stage 3 sees him gain a massive 30 places overnight, now sitting just outside the top 100. 87th on the stage, almost managing to catch the domestiques who had sat up after their job was done

Don't celebrate yet, 3 of those 30 were because of 1 x DNS & 2 x DNF's .....

And meanwhile a team mate of his not only wins the stage but takes the GC lead !! Well done Derek Gee !

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:53 am

Top 100 on the stage again :shock:

Only 82nd, losing just 5'07.62" to Remco ......

And inches closer to the Top 100 on GC, now 104th with only a 21:56 gap .... and 30 sec to break the top 100 .....

Yeah, he deserves to be Leader of the TdF team .... :wink:

Sadly Chris Harper for Jayco out due to injuries from crash on Stage 3

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:11 pm

And Froome answers those who doubted he could finish in the top 100 of a stage race. Sure there were only 94 finishers, but he finished in front of 13 of them. Top 100 baby!

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:54 pm

find_bruce wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:11 pm
And Froome answers those who doubted he could finish in the top 100 of a stage race. Sure there were only 94 finishers, but he finished in front of 13 of them. Top 100 baby!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:04 pm

Yeah, and only 1:28 down.

That’s 1 HOUR and 28 minutes down, which included the neutralised stage.

That’s and average of almost 17 minutes on each stage ..

Yeah, deserves to be TdF captain ..

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:58 pm

https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling/eve ... er-tech-ds

Love this comment at the end of the article ...
In other words, it's still too early to announce that he's not going to be on the Tour team.
i.e. milking the press for as many headlines as possible .... :roll:

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:22 am

Given the recent performances by many other IPT team members such as Riccetello in the TdS, it'd be a tough decision to put Froome in the TdF over anyone else ...

Lets see how brave they are !

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:30 pm

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:26 pm

When reality finally hits! :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:02 am

foo on patrol wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:26 pm

When reality finally hits! :wink:

Foo
The least surprising outcome !

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:32 pm

The only thing that surprises me is the headlines for the Isreal-Premier Tech team announcement are all about how Froome missed out. On what planet has he done enough in the last 12 months to earn a place - on current form he's not good enough to perform even the most minor of team jobs, let alone competing for a stage win. At least Velo got the rhyme going, no room for Froome.

BBC Four-time winner Froome left out of Tour de France team
Cycling Weekly Chris Froome misses out on Tour de France selection
CyclingNews Chris Froome misses Israel-Premier Tech Tour de France selection, Gee and Williams to lead
& the aforementioned Velo - There’s No Room for Chris Froome on Israel-Premier Tech’s Tour de France Team

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:07 pm

find_bruce wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:32 pm
The only thing that surprises me is the headlines for the Isreal-Premier Tech team announcement are all about how Froome missed out. On what planet has he done enough in the last 12 months to earn a place - on current form he's not good enough to perform even the most minor of team jobs, let alone competing for a stage win. At least Velo got the rhyme going, no room for Froome.

BBC Four-time winner Froome left out of Tour de France team
Cycling Weekly Chris Froome misses out on Tour de France selection
CyclingNews Chris Froome misses Israel-Premier Tech Tour de France selection, Gee and Williams to lead
& the aforementioned Velo - There’s No Room for Chris Froome on Israel-Premier Tech’s Tour de France Team
He could be a soigneur ?

Got long spindly arms to hand out bottles .....

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:43 pm

A bloke that I know, when I first said that froome would not get back to the top of the field again due to the injuries and his age, blasted back to me about I know nothing about how the Tour riders recover and because I've never raced in Europe I don't know what I'm talking about. I fired back at him that I don't need too have raced in Europe too have an understanding of basic commonsense when you combine age and the type of injuries that he sustained to know that he won't be back at the top of the game again. :roll:

When confirmation that he wouldn't be in the Team was published, I wrote up that all of the clowns that were expecting him to be in the TDF can go back to sleep and I was right in my judgement. :mrgreen: Well he replied about how I have no idea and I've never raced overseas and what a good bloke Froome is and he's putting his own money into the Team and la la la la. :roll:

My reply was.........I'd been following his race results for some period of time and the in the Spanish Tour he finished 1hr 29min behind Vinegaar and the fact that the Team owner makes finally decisions as to which riders would be starting and also pointed him to the article from last year where the Team owner said they have not gotten value for money from Froome. There has been no comeback from that little bit of evidence. :lol: Yes he's been a good rider and was at the top of his game at the time of the crash but old father time starts taking over and dictating what you can do after the mid 30s. :P

Foo
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:10 pm

Sad end to his career. Should have left in his own terms earlier it appears. I have no idea what sort of financial needs he has, but he just isn't at the level required.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:28 am

warthog1 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:10 pm
Sad end to his career. Should have left in his own terms earlier it appears. I have no idea what sort of financial needs he has, but he just isn't at the level required.

Exactly, I much prefer a rider to go out on top than hang around grasping at straws that have no substance, instead of hanging around trying for one more victory, like another is doing also. :idea:

Foo
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:22 am

foo on patrol wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:28 am
warthog1 wrote:

Exactly, I much prefer a rider to go out on top than hang around grasping at straws that have no substance, instead of hanging around trying for one more victory, like another is doing also. :idea:

Foo
The other one is still competitive and is still winning. ;)
I'd love to see him knock off Merckx's record just to annoy the history buffs. :mrgreen:
All the everything was better in the good old days crap annoys me.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:49 am

warthog1 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:22 am
foo on patrol wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:28 am
warthog1 wrote:

Foo
The other one is still competitive and is still winning. ;)
I'd love to see him knock off Merckx's record just to annoy the history buffs. :mrgreen:
All the everything was better in the good old days crap annoys me.

There's no comparision, even when taking the era into account. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:32 am

foo on patrol wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:49 am

Foo
Sure one was GC and one a sprinter. Totally different riders. However Cav's record clearly places him as the the tours best ever sprinter. I am happy to see him take another victory. It will be very hard to do however

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:04 pm

warthog1 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:32 am
foo on patrol wrote:

Foo
Sure one was GC and one a sprinter. Totally different riders. However Cav's record clearly places him as the the tours best ever sprinter. I am happy to see him take another victory. It will be very hard to do however
+1 to that.
Can't really compare eras and palmares

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:21 am

MichaelB wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:04 pm
warthog1 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:32 am
foo on patrol wrote:

Foo
+1 to that.
Can't really compare eras and palmares
Dunno about that. This new crop of young fellas and ladies seems to want to race and win everything, like they did up until Hinault's day. Sheesh, Marianne Vos has been doing it since she was an embryo. Nowadays VinnegardIcantspellhisname is an outlier in only popping up in TDF prep races.