Postby jasonc » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:46 pm

I like my toes so will stick with my bigger shoes

g-boaf

Re: Great Shopping Experiences

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:09 pm

superlite wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:44 pm
Blackman Bicycles. Parramatta.

Nine years on from my last review and nothing has changed except maybe a few faces.

Helpfull staff, as always, except this time the bloke even checked the wheel next to the bin outside to see if he could help my 81 year old Dad, who just wanted one bearing cone, without buying a whole axle, no luck but not through lack of trying. Many times they have helped us in our bike building endevours. Can't recommend them enough!
I know some people have had varying experiences with that shop, but I found them okay, but admittedly only few occasions I've ever been to them (in their old location).

I ordered quite a lot of stuff from Le Col recently with their massive discounts and it all arrived quite fast by DHL. No issues with sizing, but I've also ordered from them before so I know how their sizing goes. 2x bib shorts, 2x jerseys and a casual shirt, saved probably a good $300 or so on the total normal price.

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:33 pm

A thumbs up for Canyon Australia. I have recently made a couple of small purchases with them, and they were great both times. If you shop on the Aussie website to identify what you want, then call the local number and order over the phone, you can get parts delivered from within Australia rather than overseas. Both times took 1 day to Brisbane. Express post, but they only charged the cost of postage.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:32 am

redsonic wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:33 pm
A thumbs up for Canyon Australia. I have recently made a couple of small purchases with them, and they were great both times. If you shop on the Aussie website to identify what you want, then call the local number and order over the phone, you can get parts delivered from within Australia rather than overseas. Both times took 1 day to Brisbane. Express post, but they only charged the cost of postage.
Oh yes, they are great. Kudos for them - I've dealt with them for a few things and they are always helpful and well organised.

jindydiver

Postby jindydiver » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:07 pm

Pirez electric bikes in Melbourne.
I bought a mid drive and battery last Nov' and in Oct' this year got caught in a bad storm. After that the bike started acting up and would not run. I did some diagnostic stuff before ringing them and they just straight up said "send the battery back and we will give it a test and see what we can do". A week later they tell me a brand new battery is on its way to me. Awesome service

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:50 pm

From a different thread ;
MichaelB wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:14 pm
Well after much to-ing and fro-ing, and primarily that the DT350 front hub in the config that I wanted is out of stock everywhere for another 17-18 weeks :shock: I finally found a well priced source of the Bitex 106 hubs in stock and with reasonable shipping. One place wanted GBP60 in shipping !!!

Spa Cycles in the UK came to the rescue with reasonable shipping (22 quid) and the VAT removal meant they were A$210 shipped. Cool.
Got the hubs in the mail on the 5th Jan. Well packed and as requested.

Big thumbs up to Spa Cycles :D

https://www.spacycles.co.uk/

Retrobyte

Postby Retrobyte » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:31 am

Ordered 4 bibs from RedWhite on Monday and they were delivered on Thursday - free express shipping from Singapore. Excellent service!

Fishybone

Postby Fishybone » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:34 pm

redsonic wrote:
Amazing! I had no idea they could ship locally. Do they also offer minor service / repairs? I’ve heard of new Canyon bikes arriving with the gears not properly indexed, brakes not bled etc so wondering if they could fix this up, at least for Melbourne customers (as they’re based in Melbourne).

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:30 pm

After being a bit annoyed that Bikebug no longer have their North Sydney store for order pick up, I ordered a Shimano RS-100 front wheel online for delivery instead. Even among the publicised delivery delays it still turned up at home within 3 working days for $105 all told. Maybe bigger orders from them will still happen if they're going to be that prompt.

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:47 pm

Fishybone wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:34 pm
redsonic wrote:
Amazing! I had no idea they could ship locally. Do they also offer minor service / repairs? I’ve heard of new Canyon bikes arriving with the gears not properly indexed, brakes not bled etc so wondering if they could fix this up, at least for Melbourne customers (as they’re based in Melbourne).
I have no idea if they offer face-face service in Melbourne, but I doubt it.

Iced Halo

Postby Iced Halo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:36 pm

Fishybone wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:34 pm

My Canyon Aeroad from around 3 years back arrived safely and without any issues apart from a missing rubber port bung- was sorted out very quickly. You would probably want to have some basic bike mechanic knowledge just in case, but nothing that a quick Youtube wouldn't be able to sort out.

The Melbourne office/warehouse was brilliant to deal with when I had a couple of smallish service issues to sort out (eg. helped me to order a replacement longer-than-stock integrated handlebar, and installed it including adjusting the hydraulic hoses; helped cut my steerer fork for me at the same time). This was all for a small service fee which was extremely reasonable compared to any LBS.

The guys there are great to have a chat to, and have been brilliant at helping order replacement bits and pieces like derailleur hangers. Would be really be a no-brainer to buy a Canyon if you live in Melbourne, as their after-sales support has been superb IME.

My next bike will most likely be another Canyon.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:59 pm

familyguy wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:30 pm
After being a bit annoyed that Bikebug no longer have their North Sydney store for order pick up, I ordered a Shimano RS-100 front wheel online for delivery instead. Even among the publicised delivery delays it still turned up at home within 3 working days for $105 all told. Maybe bigger orders from them will still happen if they're going to be that prompt.
Yes, their online service is pretty good. They are my go-to online store now.

Sadly, I have to say I don't lament the loss of their North Sydney store. Picking up an $8k bike order felt like I was paying for a $10 part order, there was no effort to comply with a bike fit diagram they were sent, one part was missing (a fork brake hose guard) and there was no engagement on some of the other bits I requested to be there on pickup, like a spare derailleur hanger (a must-have for a mountain bike). It was all rather deflating. And finally, no follow-up on a $7.5k road bike order I was looking to place.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:20 pm

trailgumby wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:59 pm
familyguy wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:30 pm
Yes, their online service is pretty good. They are my go-to online store now.

Sadly, I have to say I don't lament the loss of their North Sydney store. Picking up an $8k bike order felt like I was paying for a $10 part order, there was no effort to comply with a bike fit diagram they were sent, one part was missing (a fork brake hose guard) and there was no engagement on some of the other bits I requested to be there on pickup, like a spare derailleur hanger (a must-have for a mountain bike). It was all rather deflating. And finally, no follow-up on a $7.5k road bike order I was looking to place.
Not surprising from a LBS, though saying that, every online order I've done with BB has been fault free and fast shipping.

It's B & M local shops where I'm trying to spend my money (admittiedly just on parts, not new bikes) that I get misinformation, apathy and attitude. So much that I am going back to online wherever possible, even if it costs more. So much easier

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:57 pm

I see Rapha is back in Sydney, 325 George Street.

Nice place and good customer service. Just missing the coffee machine and food from the old Surry Hills location (for those old school folk who still rememer it).

I got some gloves and a backpack from there.