Anyone know of a Fellini road bike?

NZGlyn

Anyone know of a Fellini road bike?

Postby NZGlyn » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:06 am

Hi there, new to the forum. Just getting back into cycling after a long layoff. I have just restored a 1980's (I think), Fellini road bike, here in New Zealand. I think it may have been assembled here and has Exage 400 components with forged dropouts. I think it may be 531 tubing but not sure. Has anyone come across this brand and know any of the history? Thanks.

munga

Re: Anyone know of a Fellini road bike?

Postby munga » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:27 pm

search.php?keywords=fellini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PANZR

Postby PANZR » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:15 pm

The great motor racing legend Antonio Fellini from Treviso Italy who worked for Alfa Romeo and helped engineer many Targa Florio and Mille Miglia winning cars, had a great passion for cycling. Later in life he began building frames for his friend Giovanni Pinarello before starting out building his own frames
They were extremely high-end, expensive and rare which is why no-one has heard of them. Rumours exist that Pope John Paul II commissioned several examples and they still remain deep inside the Vatican

Of course the real reason you wont find much info on it is most likely that it is not a real bike brand

I have a Fellini branded bike and I assume it was just another Italian sounding name conjured up by a local importer or bike-shop yonks ago
It's ride and build quality is nothing special...no matter, it's a commuter beater

NZGlyn

Postby NZGlyn » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Thanks for that information. Yes I think it is extremely rare also. Shame now that I took all the cheapo looking stickers off it and re-sprayed it bright orange. Seriously though if it was a re-brand thought there would be more of them around. Ta anyway.

rollin

Postby rollin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:57 am

Definitely italian, has ini in the name
Fettuccini- linguini- Fellini

NZGlyn

Postby NZGlyn » Mon May 25, 2015 7:55 pm

I'm keen on that set of transfers mentioned my the member "Stubbie" for my Fellinin Europe restoration, if they are still available. Not sure how I can contact him or pay for them etc. (or if I am allowed to leave my e mail on the site? Thanks, Glyn New Zealand.

PANZR

Postby PANZR » Tue May 26, 2015 7:37 pm

I've since found out my 'Fellini' is actually a Worksop built Ti Raleigh Rapide in Reynolds 531 from 1980

I immediately tore the Fellini decals off when I found that out and plan to one day get it renovated properly

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:40 pm

[thread dig]

There's a Fellini for sale on Gumtree: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/east-la ... 1261110577

Looks interesting, but not amazing. Ignore the faux Benotto (but not the Sugino cranks!)

Bikey Mikey

Postby Bikey Mikey » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:01 pm

Hi Panzr.
I’ve just gotten a hold of a Fellini in green with full set of RX100 components. Just curious how you found it it was Reynolds 531 and a Raleigh Rapide etc. asking as my bike looks like it’s quality frame by the build quality and the sound of the tubing when I ping it with my fingernail.
I’m keen to properly restore it if it is a quality frame. Appreciate your advice.