Speedwell Mustang Dragster early 1970s

P3dals

Speedwell Mustang Dragster early 1970s

Postby P3dals » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:48 pm

Diving into this rich pool of knowledge to ask if anyone has memories/ photos of the Speedwell Mustang dragster (boys frame) from the early 1970s? I was jealous of the model my brother had. The vinyl seat had white edges and gold top with glitter flecks. Outrageously fun. Trying to revisit the details of this model. Does anyone have images they can share? Was there also a Dragster called Space Ranger in the Australian market? Look forward to the feedback

Torana68

Re: Speedwell Mustang Dragster early 1970s

Postby Torana68 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:34 am

there are probably some mad Dragster people around but I dunno where thay hang out.
Ozpushies! for ALL Australian made bikes.
"It's only original once"

bychosis

Re: Speedwell Mustang Dragster early 1970s

Postby bychosis » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:38 pm

There used to be a good forum but it seems to have vanished into obscurity.

I think I’ve got a Soeedwell Mustang frame in the garage but it’s in poor condition. Also have my ‘original’ Repco dragster from when aged 10 in my garage after a bit of a restomod. Over the years I’ve tatted up a few and moved them on. There seems to be a market for those in too original condition for collectors, but not much else.

What sort of info are you after? A deep dive with a search here and generally on google might turn up a little info.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.