Guerciotti Bikes? Opinion Required?

A-Style

Guerciotti Bikes? Opinion Required?

Postby A-Style » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi there,

I'm wondering if someone out there can help me out.

I'm thinking about spending a considerable amount of money on a new road bike.

Up until this point I have done a considerable amount of research however my heart is set on an Italian frame with Campy groupset (most likely SR).

Admittedly, as much as I would love Colnago C59 Italia with SR I just think it'll be out of my price range.

So going in and having a look at frames on offer at a bike dealer in the Docklands area here in Melbourne they pushed me towards the Guerciotti range of bikes notably the Eclipse Plus model in that line.

Admittedly I have tried to do some research on the bike and apart from one rather favorable review on one site (although this bike had EPS which I wouldn't get) I haven't been able to find any other opinions so I'm wondering if anyone else knows about them.

Again and not trying to question the integrity of bike dealers out there but they all biased towards the frames they stock and I find it hard at times to differentiate the "sales pitch" from real opinions. I have no doubts at that price that almost any bike will be good but am definitely curious to know what others think!

Thanks

silentbutdeadly

Re: Guerciotti Bikes? Opinion Required?

Postby silentbutdeadly » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:55 am

Planet Bikes/On-One Bikes in the UK seem to sell a heap of them...reasonable pricing too. Not sure what that says about quality but...
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

A-Style

Postby A-Style » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:10 am

Bump!

Anyone else with opinions they'd like to share!

Thanks

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 am

Go the Nago over a Guerciotti. They are an OEM frame with name brand component fitted to them.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

daidaidai

Postby daidaidai » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:52 am

Apologies for reviving a really old post, but I've come across an opportunity to acquire an eclipse plus with EPS SR, I think around 2012 2013. Absolute immaculate condition, hardly used. So I've been doing a bit of research on the said frame. I read with interest the "they are an OEM frame" remark in your post. I'm just wondering (if you are still around) where you sourced this information from, if you can remember?
I found an article in Bicycling Australia (from 11 years ago) "Guerciotti Eclipse Plus", that makes the following claim;

"The Eclipse Plus is made in Milan, not just painted and assembled there"....,

Truthfully, I'm not sure whether it makes a big difference whether it is OEM or not in the end.

Additionally, just wondering whether anyone would have any idea about the value range of such a bike; just can't find much information on the said bike, and none at all found on the market.

Cheers