Connecting a Post Saddle to Rails... Adaptor?

AEONGUERRILLERA

Connecting a Post Saddle to Rails... Adaptor?

Postby AEONGUERRILLERA » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:19 pm

I want to connect a fancy cruiser saddle which only has a post connection to my Leitner Aria E-Bike which has Rails and the battery is inside the post so I can't switch the post...
Is there an adapter like the ones used to connect Rail saddles to Posts but the opposite?

familyguy

Re: Connecting a Post Saddle to Rails... Adaptor?

Postby familyguy » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:24 am

Got any pics? Would help. I was under the impression that all saddles, post or not, had rails. The rail-to-post adapter comes off and then it can be mounted to a rail-type post. This one definitely doesn't come off?

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:05 pm

OK, yeah, that's gonna require a real piece of design fabrication work!

WyvernRH

Postby WyvernRH » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:26 pm

familyguy wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:05 pm
OK, yeah, that's gonna require a real piece of design fabrication work!
+ 1 to FTW here. Years ago I made a custom adapter to fit a much loved Brooks leather two rail sprung saddle (that someone just had to have :roll: ) to a Birdy seat post, which is a pretty similar task. So it can be done and it's not difficult, took me about half an hour IIRC. Just got to find someone who can fabricate and weld it up (not me :P )

Richard

hunch

Postby hunch » Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:02 am

Probably need the brave pills to weld that if there's a lithium battery inside there. :D If I simply had to have that saddle and no adaptor was available, parting off the rail fitting, turning a shrink fit insert to accept it would be my likely course of action......assuming that "tit" on top of the post is not associated with charging. How do you get replacement batteries - entire seat post is swapped - or there's something like a slide out battery pack inside?

Not sure of folding bike seat post standards, one of the residents here has a non electric folder, with what looks like a 35mm tube waisting to 27.2(?) and connecting to a saddle as per your link. Might possibly be easier to repackage batteries in an alternative post with a bit of wiring fiddling.