Ebikes more dangerous than motorbikes?

Gordonhooker

Re: Ebikes more dangerous than motorbikes?

Postby Gordonhooker » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:23 am

Jash Rider wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:02 pm
I just bought an e-bike to commute to work and back a few days each week. The beauty of living in Brisbane is we have a plethora of bike ways and shared paths to keep us off the road. I'm also old enough not to give a toss what people think of how I look so I'll be wearing long sleeve fluro tradie shirts and won't be using roads unless there's no alternative (which is rare).

I wouldn't ride on a road with busy traffic for quids. I used to, but never again.
-
I am exactly the same way, every day wear and stay off the roads as much as possible.
OI onya bike!!!

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Ebikes more dangerous than motorbikes?

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:10 pm

Jash Rider wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:02 pm
I just bought an e-bike to commute to work and back a few days each week. The beauty of living in Brisbane is we have a plethora of bike ways and shared paths to keep us off the road. I'm also old enough not to give a toss what people think of how I look so I'll be wearing long sleeve fluro tradie shirts and won't be using roads unless there's no alternative (which is rare).

I wouldn't ride on a road with busy traffic for quids. I used to, but never again.
Fab that you can do the commute off the road, wish it was the same everywhere
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?