Kedron Brook Cycleway

Bwana5_2009

Kedron Brook Cycleway

Postby Bwana5_2009 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:00 pm

Hi
Most of the Brisbane folk would be aware how badly Kedron Brook was hammered by the recent floods. There’s several crossings and parts of the cycleway that are badly damaged or gone. I’m based in Stafford and have done the run up to Samford a few times. It seems to be intact - just some debris in parts, which will get tidied up in time. I attempted a ride east, without much success and a bike covered in mud :?

I’m well aware it will take BCC ages to get on top of this - I’m sure there’s a lot of competing priorities for them right now. Just wondering if anyone is keeping track of which parts of Kedron Brook cycleway are closed and the workarounds in the interim?

Thanks

Comedian

Re: Kedron Brook Cycleway

Postby Comedian » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:18 pm

Bwana5_2009 wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:00 pm
Hi
Most of the Brisbane folk would be aware how badly Kedron Brook was hammered by the recent floods. There’s several crossings and parts of the cycleway that are badly damaged or gone. I’m based in Stafford and have done the run up to Samford a few times. It seems to be intact - just some debris in parts, which will get tidied up in time. I attempted a ride east, without much success and a bike covered in mud :?

I’m well aware it will take BCC ages to get on top of this - I’m sure there’s a lot of competing priorities for them right now. Just wondering if anyone is keeping track of which parts of Kedron Brook cycleway are closed and the workarounds in the interim?

Thanks
Hi.

I'm in the Stafford area too. The path is pretty fine all the way from Brookside in until the bridge behind Happy Valley where the bank has washed away from the bridge. The bike path is severed there.

The bridge from the path to Royal Parade is also out of action.. or maybe it's ok but the Brook has moved maybe 50M to the north and now runs over the three way junction there. I've seen people walking across it. No idea how that's going to be fixed but it's probably not our biggest problem now. It can be bypassed by the path next to Shand St.

The other section which has made the news is the path near Uxbridge St which is washed away. Fortunately it can be easily bypassed by riding on the grass. Not ideal but it's working.

The North Brisbane Bicycle Usergroup (North BUG) is tracking this and trying to press for fixes. Alternative routes have also been discussed. I suggest joining the page on FB and the "members forum"

Bwana5_2009

Re: Kedron Brook Cycleway

Postby Bwana5_2009 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:55 pm

Thanks for the information. I appreciate that. Will join the FB group you mentioned