GIANT Perigee racer bike stolen , Keysborough

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
RetroPilot

GIANT Perigee racer bike stolen , Keysborough

Postby RetroPilot » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:59 pm

Stolen out of back of my parked vehicle last night, Light -Grey Perigee racer with flat-bar handlebars.

Was minus its seat-pole as I'd removed that for storage also to deter anyone bothering to try to steal rest of bike, I thought, so all I have left of it is that actual springy-seatpole and original saddle. Too bad I had not removed the sleave/bush thing that makes its 27.2mm seatpole fit the larger diameter frame tubing.That bush being missing would have rendered the thing virtually useless except as parts, you would not have much hope of buying a replacement for just that bush-sleeve , I reckon. Occurred to me to remove that as well, but then I thought..what if I misplace that?
Unfortunately I do not have pics of it and do not know year etc, Light-grey Giant racer, VGC, with skinny 700 wheels/tyres and flat handlebars and left missing its seat and seat pole is all info I can provide on it. I'd only ridden it once although it was in good shape , being 110psi+ tyres the ride was far too brutal for me even with the sprung seat pole. Intended to use it now and then, though, and still resent some **** boosting it either way.

Been a bad year for me or bad 6 months, as had a thief in carport first week of July as well, as I posted here. All bikes consequently have locks on them-except that one. Figured the fact it was sitting up in back of dropside tray and missing the seat would probably make it pretty non-viable for theft.Although it has been sitting up in there for 12 months..obviously never say never.