BNA Forums - Login Required

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

BNA Forums - Login Required

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:49 am

The sessions for the BNA forum have been reset and the result is that members have to log-in again.

Typically members can use the checkbox "Stay Logged In" and are automatically logged in with each visit. This is retained however the reset requires a once-off log-into the forum again.

The reason for this is server overloading by Huawei. Various Huawei servers have been targeting BNA and are essentially copying the entire site. While it is not unusual for anything online to be copies and stored, Huawei unfortunately are using the poor practice of doing massive amounts of requests and effectively flooding and knocking out the server with a DOS (Denial Of Service) effect.

Thanks to the members for reporting access issues.
Cycling is in my BNA

MichaelB

Re: BNA Forums - Login Required

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:57 am

Hmmmm, that's more than suss.

Anyway, well done again as usual !!

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:32 pm

Hi Christopher,

As of today the 27th of Dec 2020 I've come back to this forum on several occasions and have had to relog in again and again, sometimes it'll keep my log in but if I don't keep coming back to the forum over an hour, it'll require me to log back in.
I get this message on top of the log in section....
THE BOARD REQUIRES YOU TO BE REGISTERED AND LOGGED IN TO VIEW NEW POSTS SINCE YOUR LAST VISIT.

Have you been working on the forum today or is this something that happens from time to time as usually i'm continously logged in. About 4 times today that i had to log in again.

Just wondering!!

brumby33
"ya gotta hold ya mouth right"

VWR Patagonia 2017
2003 Diamondback Sorrento Sport MTB

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:58 pm

I haven't had to log in today. Have you been deleting cookies?

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:05 pm

Nobody wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:58 pm
I haven't had to log in today. Have you been deleting cookies?
No mate, not at all....even though it's something the mrs is always on me about.

I might do it once a fortnight but usually my log ins are still current when i visit the forums.

I do know when there's forum maintenance i have to log in again but usually it's always logged in, until today.

brumby33

VWR Patagonia 2017

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:45 am

Technically those brute force type attacks shouldn’t happen but clearing the cookies is a good idea... but if a lot of people are having issues I can do a big reset.
Cycling is in my BNA

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:38 am

No issue here either, but I am only on the phone most times and just leave the page open.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Dreams V Reallity

Postby Dreams V Reallity » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 pm

I never get any requests about cookies for this site. But I have to log in every time I start up again. (Turn internet connection on & off when I arrive and leave) If I don't use the keys for an hour, I have to log in again, even though everything is still open.
I'm not phased, put out or upset.
D V R
Still Dreaming.

brumby33

Postby brumby33 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:39 am

Dreams V Reallity wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 pm
I never get any requests about cookies for this site. But I have to log in every time I start up again. (Turn internet connection on & off when I arrive and leave) If I don't use the keys for an hour, I have to log in again, even though everything is still open.
I'm not phased, put out or upset.
Yes that was the same that was happening to me as well, but say if I leave the BNA site on a tab and then go on to open other tabs to look at other stuff, then come back to BNA, sometimes I have to login again. It's just something that has began to happen recently. Not upset or anything but just curious as to what i going on...i'm not the geekiest person out there lol.
But just this morning, I clicked on the BNA tab on starting up the Laptop and went straight in...no logins or anything....haha buggered if I know!! :?

brumby33

VWR Patagonia 2017