XDS branded Fixed ?

sixty2strat

XDS branded Fixed ?

Postby sixty2strat » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:35 pm

Anyone know about the brand XDS and particularly their fixed bike linked below?.. Not able to find any reviews...

Looking for a cheapy for the partner in the 400 range and this is not looking too bad.. **Specs in the link...

https://www.xdsbicycles.com.au/products ... ens-chrome

slidetaker

Re: XDS branded Fixed ?

Postby slidetaker » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:38 pm

Same quality as Reid and Samson. May be the wheelset is slight better quality.
On FB Marketplace at the moment, the mentioned brands are mostly under $200. Heaps of them around. They are okay to ride around town on a causal sunny day.

$400 to $500 can get a decent track/fixed gear roadster bike. They hold their values, tougher parts and can take some abuses.

I only mention second hand here as they are so easy to assemble and maintain, there is really no added value to buy first hand.

Mostly importantly, when buyer for a partner, whatever bike it is, how well the bike fits the rider is paramount. No point riding a super bike if it is uncomfortable in 15 mins and starts to give pain in 30 mins.

sixty2strat

Re: XDS branded Fixed ?

Postby sixty2strat » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:47 pm

slidetaker wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:38 pm
Same quality as Reid and Samson. May be the wheelset is slight better quality.
On FB Marketplace at the moment, the mentioned brands are mostly under $200. Heaps of them around. They are okay to ride around town on a causal sunny day.

$400 to $500 can get a decent track/fixed gear roadster bike. They hold their values, tougher parts and can take some abuses.

I only mention second hand here as they are so easy to assemble and maintain, there is really no added value to buy first hand.

Mostly importantly, when buyer for a partner, whatever bike it is, how well the bike fits the rider is paramount. No point riding a super bike if it is uncomfortable in 15 mins and starts to give pain in 30 mins.
Thanks yep some good points there.. The only reason I am considering new here is 250 can be claimed as work expense. So second hand, the budget would be closer to 200 which is not enough..