Noobie friendly groups in Wynnum/Manly/Lota

Beercan

Noobie friendly groups in Wynnum/Manly/Lota

Postby Beercan » Sun May 03, 2020 10:28 am

Hi,

51year old male looking to find a group to ride within the Wynnum/Manly/Lota area, I normally ride 20K a day at lunchtime as I am working from home at present due to the COVID-19 lockdown.

It would be great to find a social group of riders that do not take it too seriously so a noobie like my self can keep up.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Current setup BH quartz disc Ultegra 2016

Thanks in advance

Louis

cancan64

Re: Noobie friendly groups in Wynnum/Manly/Lota

Postby cancan64 » Fri May 08, 2020 4:36 pm

Contact V1 Cyclery in Wellington Point, they were doing social rides when I lived in Wynnum otherwise there was a few social rides that left by the lota boardwalk, some of them are on here so may get more replies
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

henno

Re: Noobie friendly groups in Wynnum/Manly/Lota

Postby henno » Mon May 11, 2020 6:52 pm

I am watching this thread with much interest. I am also Manly-based and was commuting to and from the valley via the gateway bridge every other day before COVID-19, and now that I am working from home I can barely manage to get out once, maybe twice per week for a 40km ride to Wello so my fitness is less than great at the moment, and I wouldn't mind tagging along to some local groups that don't take things too seriously to try and help stop the rot.

As an FYI: my average solo ride speed is 25-27kph on those rides around my area which are, admittedly, mostly pretty flat.