Spotted, good quality/late model dark grey MTB,looks stolen& dumped to me

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
RetroPilot

Spotted, good quality/late model dark grey MTB,looks stolen& dumped to me

Postby RetroPilot » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:41 pm

Dark grey coloured good quality/late model MTB found, leaning haphazard against public domain cyclone fence with no lock,
looks too valuable to be legitimately thrown away for most people, strongly suspect stolen/ dumped, just seen Dandenong--Noble Park area., 1.30pm 21-October.
I'm not game to touch it or bring it home, but if you have lost one fitting that description, contact me 97117548 with your missing bike's details and if it matches, will give you the 20 where I saw it last.
Last edited by RetroPilot on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

bychosis

Re: Spotted, good quality/late model dark grey MTB,looks stolen& dumped to me

Postby bychosis » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:13 pm

Pick it up and take it to the police station? If not claimed it will be legitimately yours.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

RetroPilot

Postby RetroPilot » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:49 am

I considered that, and would be worth the trip to and from Dandenong police if that panned out,but I was worried about owner or someone knowing owner spotting me with it en route.

London to a brick would have moved again, one way or the other, by this morning, I reckon..

Peter A

Postby Peter A » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:56 am

RetroPilot wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:41 pm
Dark grey coloured good quality/late model MTB found, leaning haphazard against public domain cyclone fence with no lock,
looks too valuable to be legitimately thrown away for most people, strongly suspect stolen/ dumped, just seen Dandenong--Noble Park area., 1.30pm 21-October.
I'm not game to touch it or bring it home, but if you have lost one fitting that description, contact me 97117548 with your missing bike's details and if it matches, will give you the 20 where I saw it last.
Might have an owner waiting for it, report it to Police, it's their job to follow up.

RetroPilot

Postby RetroPilot » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:44 pm

Gone now...I'll leave post up here a while longer, in case deprived owner if they are still deprived, gets some potential comfort from a now redundant sighting at least.

RetroPilot

Postby RetroPilot » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:48 pm

actually just looked the bike type up...probably lower-priced than I'd have guessed.I'd have assumed any of these mtbs with the big >26" wheels and balloony tyres would cost more than that .