Stolen: 2003 Giant XTC2 (And then some!) - Newport station Parkiteer cage, Victoria

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
Microblah

Stolen: 2003 Giant XTC2 (And then some!) - Newport station Parkiteer cage, Victoria

Postby Microblah » Sun May 19, 2019 2:05 pm

As per the title, my Giant XTC2 mountain bike was stolen from the Parkiteer cage at Newport station last night. Whoever did it actually broke into the cage by cutting a hole in the wire mesh, then stole at least a few other bikes as well as mine. Due to my post count I can't post images yet, but the bike was a pretty stock XTC2 in black, blue and silver with Avid disc brakes and Maxxis Larsen TT tyres (pretty easy to spot thanks to the yellow branding). I've contacted police and I'm keeping an eye on classifieds sites, but any other leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mab139

Re: Stolen: 2003 Giant XTC2 (And then some!) - Newport station Parkiteer cage, Victoria

Postby mab139 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:18 pm

Hi there,

Unfortunately I haven't got any leads but my wife's purple Giant Liv 2018 including bike panniers was also one of the bikes stolen on Saturday night at the same cage... So sorry to hear about your bike as well, have also reported this to Williamstown Police so gather the cases will be combined!

find_bruce

Re: Stolen: 2003 Giant XTC2 (And then some!) - Newport station Parkiteer cage, Victoria

Postby find_bruce » Tue May 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Microblah wrote:Due to my post count I can't post images yet, but the bike was a pretty stock XTC2 in black, blue and silver with Avid disc brakes and Maxxis Larsen TT tyres
Pictures are of great help. This thread tells your how to do it. The minimum posts requirement for posting images was been dropped quite a while ago, but if you are having trouble, send me a PM and I will help you sort it out.

Cheers

Bruce
Anything you can do, I can do slower

Microblah

Postby Microblah » Tue May 21, 2019 11:45 pm

Ah! I've been reading old threads and that issue came up fairly often, so I just assumed the rule was still in place.

In that case, the bike looks much like this one: (Unfortunately I haven't got any photos of my bike specifically)

-The only differences being that it has Avid disc brakes and Maxxis tyres with this branding:

Thanks very much!

Microblah

Postby Microblah » Tue May 21, 2019 11:58 pm

mab139 wrote:Hi there,

Unfortunately I haven't got any leads but my wife's purple Giant Liv 2018 including bike panniers was also one of the bikes stolen on Saturday night at the same cage... So sorry to hear about your bike as well, have also reported this to Williamstown Police so gather the cases will be combined!
I'm sorry to hear about your wife's bike, it's definitely not a fun experience. I'm hoping the police received quite a few reports, and so are taking it pretty seriously. Hopefully there's a good outcome for everyone involved!