NRS

nicko95

NRS

Postby nicko95 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:11 pm

Just Outta curiosity whats the avg NRS rider training plan eg, like distance a week or time a weeks etc..

vander

Re: NRS

Postby vander » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:18 pm

The guys I know around 15-20 hours a week 450-600km. Some do a little more not many do any less.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:34 pm

The ones I know do similar to what Vander mentioned. But it's also what you do with those kilometres and hours.

thearthurdog

Postby thearthurdog » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:46 am

Depends. There is actually a large talent / fitness / ability gap in the NRS, between the 'top' group and the 'bottom' group. I know guys in both 'groups' and as you would expect their training plans are very different.
FACTOR One
Fuji Norcom Straight
Fuji Track Elite
http://drpcoaching.blogspot.com.au

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:56 pm

Theres plenty on strava that have public profiles if you search for some names, or look through the top of a few leaderboards.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:01 pm

Do as little as possible to achieve your goals :idea:

The struggle IMO with the current setup is that NRS doesn't race that often, and seems to focus on stage races, while the local clubs are running races very very regularly, with no stage races, and never at the distances that NRS races. A mate is on the SUVelo development squad and he's doing 200km days with 3000m climbing REGULARLY once it's time to build base. 3 days in a row. Messed up. He's not at the pointy end at all... but he works and has to squeeze all this around work schedules, so his rides might be excessive to normal needs.

vander

Postby vander » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:31 pm

Xplora wrote:The struggle IMO with the current setup is that NRS doesn't race that often, and seems to focus on stage races, while the local clubs are running races very very regularly, with no stage races, and never at the distances that NRS races. A mate is on the SUVelo development squad and he's doing 200km days with 3000m climbing REGULARLY once it's time to build base. 3 days in a row. Messed up. He's not at the pointy end at all... but he works and has to squeeze all this around work schedules, so his rides might be excessive to normal needs.
Hmm I actually wonder who that would be. For NRS 200km rides are not really a necessity. Also fitting it around work is not too difficult. It is important to be able to do 2-3days back to back every now and then as that is what is needed. A lot of NRS racers do not do a lot of club racing and crit racing is not too applicable, they also dont a lot of the bigger club bunchies as its not targeted enough. You can ride lots but its much better to ride smart.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:43 am

The big thing I take away from his schedule is that the minimum expectations are just different to A grade. It's not a case of just "more" - if I relied on 200km training rides I would have no fast twitch to speak of :lol:

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:15 pm

vander wrote:crit racing is not too applicable
the NRS was criticised as being a glorified crit series a few years ago, though. they have had so much trouble getting road closure permits that a lot of the stages are - or were - reduced to crits.

fixedlegs2012

Postby fixedlegs2012 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:25 pm

As said above it depends largely on what team your on, there are only maybe 50 riders are who really in the top part of the NRS the rest make up the pack. There has been a debate for the last 12 months that the field should be cut down as *anyone* can enter which means crashes are more prevalent as they don't have the necessary same skills as the top riders. But the NRS needs these riders for their entry fee to cover costs.

Back to the original topic, around 15-20hours a week. 100+km rides are usually for the off season and base building. During the season its efforts and replicating similar types of climbs, sprints, courses etc for the next race.